Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is your Thanksgiving Menu??

I've been wondering what everyone here is fixing for their family gathering?

Or what are you taking along?

Comments

• Mmmm,

Ani Phyo's Butternut cranberry rice

Raw Stuffing Fantasy

Rosemary Garlic Jicama Mashers

Cranberry Relish

Persimmon Pie

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I am making Renoir's Better than sliced bread with whipped buttery spread. Also making spiced sweet potato chips, something with frozen cherries, Zoe's Heavenly, and I'm trying the Carrot Onion bread in experiment with yellow squash instead of flax to see what happens. I'll make the Tastes Like Gingerbread Smoothie, Caramel Coconut Cookies, and lots and lots of coconut water and of course lots of fruit. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

• RawKidChef- be sure to let us know how the bread turns out with squash instead of flax! I would love an all veggie bread!

• YUMMMMMMM, Can't wait!

I'll be going to the family's house and they eat SAD, unfortunately... Soooo being the crazy raw foodist in their worlds, I am bringing a raw pumpkin pie, superfood cacao balls, mashed "potatoes," and whatever amazing raw/living foods I can come up with. This way they get to taste REAL foods. ;)

Anyone have any suggestions on an absolutely amazing recipe I could make and bring??

(oh and if anyone knows how Cafe Gratitude makes their Pumpkin pie- WOW, I would LOVE the recipe! So so good!)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

California raw - what pumpkin pie are you bringing? I have 2 fresh pumpkins and can't seem to find a recipe that actually uses pumpkins and not a nut replacement!

I'm making Matt Amsdens Pierogies, Cauliflower Couscous and Savory Stuffing. My husbands family is here for a few days, so i have a collage of things for the weekend... Onion bread mini quiches with some sort of spinach filling (haven't figured that one out yet), Spaghetti Squash in a garlic olive oil sauce, Flax chips with the spicey mango salsa from Chris Carlton, Pecan Pie and some sort of either pumpkin pie or pumpkin parfait. I might get creative and make some yummy chocolate cupcakes with a coconut frosting that i found on Raw Goddess' blog. Yum! I wish i were more inventive and had more time!!!

• I pulled a couple of recipes from this site to add to my vegan/raw Thanksgiving yesterday and wanted to let you all know how wonderful these items are.

I made the Mushroom Gravy as posted by Sahara on 4/6/07 (don't know how to find it to comment on it today though) I used filtered water instead of the coconut water but all the rest of her ingredients. I used it on mashed organic jewel yams. It was wonderful! Not overly spiced at all.

I also made the Lay Girls Squash Soup by juleskess on 4/17/07. So easy and when served with blue corn chips it was perfect..mild wonderful start to the meal.

Thank you so very much for these recipes. You each contributed greatly to our meal.

With love, Grace

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

can someone please post the resipe for persimmon pie?

THank you

• There is one on Victoria Boutenko's Raw Family site right now.