Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

one meal a day

hello,

I am going to try and eat just one meal a day for a while and see how i get on.

I think it will be great for my health, and after a little while will stop all the cravings for food i get every second of the day.

The question is =

What would you eat if you was only going to eat ONE meal a day ?

I want to make sure i am getting everything i need (minerals, aminos, e.t.c).

Comments

• beanbean Raw Newbie

I'm curious- why would you only want to eat one meal a day? Wouldn't it be a really big meal, and then hard on your digestive system to digest? If I only ate one meal a day, I'd be so starving I'd eat way too much, and then have trouble digesting it. I'll admit, fasting has always helped me when I'm feeling kind of "stuck" or overwhelmed, though- have you had success with this before?

• I understand the concept of only eating one meal a day, as I sometimes only eat dinner. BUT- that means I am juicing the rest of the day to make sure that I am getting all the nutrition I need. You can strain your juices to make sure they have no fiber that will start digestion. When I juice all day I usually have a mixture of fruit and veggie juices and then have fruit or a salad for dinner. I would say this totally eliminates cravings for junky food and you do feel light and energetic throughout the day.

• Interesting. I'm interested in how this works for you. I'd probably eat mangoes, or dates, or grapes, or oranges, or bananas, or figs with non-bitter greens? What are you considering?

• Hey,

I have never done this before, but i will start tomorrow.

Fasting is anti aging and it increases your natural growth hormone, which keeps you young and healthy.

Im concidering a LARGE fruit and kale salad.

But maybe that wont be enough or have all the things i need ? i dont know.

the fruit will probably be mangoes with grapefruit and something else(apples), thats usually what i have when i have a big fruit and kale salad.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

If I was to do juice or smoothies the rest of the day I could be OK on only one big meal, otherwise no way my blood sugar lets me get away with that. Even raw, still better eating 5 times small than one meal for me.

• I used to eat my biggest meal in the morning, but now I try to eat my lightest meal in the morning when I don't want to expend my digestive energy and eat a little heavier at night when I have nothing to do. Because I used to eat big breakfasts, my stomach would growl alot in the morning but now I don't even get hungry until about 1 o'clock. I try to drink juice first when I'm hungry, followed by fruit during the day, and more fruit or veggies at night. Seems to be working ok for now!

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

That is probably NOT A BAD THING to do... after all if you think about it our ancient ancestors probably NEVER had Three squares a day and they didn't do to bad as I recall... Also I read somewhere that a Calorie restricted diet is actually Very good for you... Mice who were feed a restricted diet lived Much longer and Healther lives than the ones who feed alot...

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

I think it's great as long as you aren't burning up more calories than you consume, unless you plan on losing weight.

Looking forward to reading your progress on this. I would love to implement something like this, just think of how little and how easy your prep time would be, however I have a family whom I prepare food for, so that'd be a challenge.

I would suggest something calorie dense, like bananas, dates or mangos. As long as you vary your meals every few days, you shouldn't have a problem with nutrition, just think of how the nomads used to eat, they'd sit under a seasonal tree and eat until full, they could eat the same thing day after day until another season came along.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I've actually been thinking of trying something similiar but (don't laugh) trimming my eating to twice a day.. once around 1 and then around 7.. giving my body lots or hours to digest.. right now I swear I eat like 5 times a day! my poor... slow.. digestive system.. it's no big deal on the weekends but during the week I sometimes feel like I need constant food for energy