Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Skin Improvements

I was wondering has anyone noticed improvements in their skin since being raw and how long did it take for the improvement to start being noticeable?

Does anyone know any foods that are very good for the skin?

Thanks

Comments

• M-CM-C

Hi! I've seen great improvements to my skin from the very beginning, in as short a time as 3 days...

Avocadoes and other healthy fats are great for the skin, as are alot of greens.

• Definitely noticed an improvement straight away. I get hormonal pimples on my chin (a residual side effect from evil Implanon) and I found my skin stopped breaking out as soon as I went raw. I stilll get a few, small dots, but no acne - I think these are detox related and don't worry me at all. The improvement over the rest of my face is starting to be very noticeable after two weeks of 100% - no dry spots or bumps there.

I eat a lot of avocados, leafy greens and coconut oil. I also use coconut oil as an oil cleanse and moisturizer and it's working wonders on my stubborn spots and giving me the "glow" :)

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

VITAMIN A - DARK GREENS , CARROTS , CANTELOPE

VITAMIN E - SUNFLOWER SEED , ALMOND

im age 50 , 15 years vegan / 3 years raw , so improvements logiically take longer than for younger people . but ever since 18 months ive noticed big improvement on my face . before raw on both cheeks was light like depressions / pitting , well theyve nearly filled in , making the cheeks smoother and say pinker - more glowing . very noticable improvement .

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Zoe gets frequent comments on her beautiful complexion. Here's her response from an earlier thread on this subject.

I drink a couple of pints of cucumber and celery juice a day, it works WONDERS for the glow effect ;)

Also quitting nuts and just eating simple things is doing me a lot of good, but this is something that has just evolved, not something I have imposed on myself. (more info here: http://www.goneraw.com/forum/glowing-skinwhat-your-winning-formula)

Three common themes I have noticed on other threads are: 1) drink plenty of water, 2) drink juice (especially cucumber and celery, as Zoe says), and 3) dry brush. Try an Advanced Search on such key words as complexion, skin, face, glow etc. for some additional information.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Within a few days, my skin was clearer and more radiant.

I also have 7+ years old keloid scars that were raised that are going away.

• Energy soup twice a day with nightly enemas (every day for the first two weeks then once every two-three weeks for maintenance) completely eliminated my cystic (it was so horrible) acne. The reason a lot of people get worse acne on the raw diet, and a lot do, is because the body is attempting to release toxins quicker than the liver can cope therefore being eliminated via the lungs/skin. Enemas (especially urine ones) ease this process alone and spark and amazing healing throughout the entire organism. I'm 28 years old and going through a divorce several years ago along with working in retail (maybe leaving soon, yay!) for over 8 years prematurely gave me grey hair. The energy soup combined w/ the enemas has all but eliminated that problem too. This is what worked for me. Best of luck to you with whatever strategy or combination there of you decide to embark on. :)

Peace, love and good health,

Dave

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

After three days of 100 per cent (and five months 60 per cent), my friend said my skin looked rosier and 'whiter'. I still get stress zits on my cheeks.

• I second cucumber and celery juice! Sometimes I make cucumber, celery and carrot juice together, and I think of that as a really great drink for the skin. When I drink juice with cucumber, I immediately notice a difference in my skin. It seems plumper and smoother. My eyes seem healthier too and the skin around it...

What do you all use as a facial wash? I'm just curious. I'm a former skincare junkie, and that is about the last thing to change along with my health. I want a chemical free wash that can remove eyemakeup. I've tried oil-cleansing, and I was wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to oil-cleansing. Thanks!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i use a prescription face wash because my skin used to be terrible. i had breakouts all the time. i realize that it's definitely NOT chemical free, but i just don't know how to give it up or what to replace it with. i just don't want to end up with bad skin again.

i'll definitely make cucumber/celery juice drink. i have the worst undereye circles!!!