Am I detoxing??

NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

I feel like I am falling apart! Yesterday I had the worst headache that lasted all day and night. It actually made me sick to me stomach. This morning I woke up with a horrible rash on my neck and chest. I feel very blah. If this is part of the detox phase I have to say it sucks. How long does this typically last?

Comments

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

Yes. It goes in cycles for a long time.

• Nuttgirl – I was ready to throw in the towel the day i woke up with a rash all over my forehead. it took about 4 or 5 days to go away, and that’s the last skin sign of detox i’ve had. Try to embrace the crap that is happening to you as a sign that your body is cleaning itself!

• NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

Is being light headed part of the detox too? I’m not dizzy but definitely a little light headed. I’ve also noticed that my skin is very dry lately even though I have not changed my skin routine. I really hope this whole detox phase passes soon. I really do not like feeling so blah.

• I have a question about skin. I have developed two dark patches on my forehead and two under my eyes. My primary care is sending me to see a dermatologist b/c she can’t figure it out. I am at about 90% raw, mostly fruit, greens and nuts. I am wondering if it is a vitamin deficiency – but I do take B12 supplements.

Any help?

• Nuttgirl

Hang in there. From what I know detox can last for a year or so.

We are at about 6 weeks raw and still feel like #*^(# sometimes. But there are good days too.

Last week my girlfriend spent 3 days between the couch, a chair and the bed. She was nauseated, had cold sweats, and just felt bad.

Listen to DagnyTaggart, let your body do the work of releasing it’s toxins. It just sucks that it makes you feel so bad.

• NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

Is there anything I can do to help get rid of these rashes? I’ve applied cortisone cream but that really did not do much.

The rashes on my chest are red and itchy but the rashes on my neck are much darker and feel dry.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

• rfoodie, I read that either a food allergy or liver detox could cause dark patches…

• riversanctuary Thank you! I do have food allergies (gluten and lactose) so I normally avoid that stuff. I hadn’t though of the liver detox. ..hmm…what do I do if it is getting worse by the day? Interesting that my traditional medicine md has no idea!