tastiest sprouted grains?

zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

What are the tastiest sprouted grains? I am trying to make sure I get all my needed amino acids...

Does buckwheat count? Is it tasty? According to Ann Wigmore it is considered a fruit...

Gracias everybody.

P.S. I got rid of years of rosacea by cutting out grains. I took vengeance on them by not eating them for like a year. Time to be less drastic I think.

Comments

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

zinfandel: buckwheat is a wonderful sprout; probably the most widely used in raw desserts/snack from what i've seen. i've been sprouting it almost all year. even better, it's not technically a grain, but a seed. so no skin worries! (oh, you mentioned that it could be a fruit...although i haven't read that anywhere but i guess it's still debatable)

i'm like you... i can't eat sprouted grains like delicious wheatberries, oats, etc...on a regular basis. after eating them daily for a few weeks i'll break out. but i find eating them occasionally, like on weekends for instance can be done with no skin issues.

i admit, i really wish i could just eat the grains because they are so much more flavorful and have a natural sweetness to them. maybe you can get away with that...i hope so!

unlike the grains i mentioned, buckwheat isn't all that great tasting on it's own and doesn't have as nice a texture. in my opinion it depends on a flavoring being added to it. i also almost always mix it with ground flax meal which helps the texture. i use powdered herb stevia and cinnamon...sometimes adding fruit. carob powder works well with it too, and is naturally sweet.

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

i forgot to mention that since i was curious about this very same question you posted about, i too would love to hear other's ideas of good things to sprout...or suggestions for using buckwheat.

thanks!