Help! What to do with tons of mung bean sprouts

Hi, I managed to sprout way to many mung beans. I only sprouted about 3/4 of a cup but that made a huge amount when fully sprouted. Now their tails are starting to look shabby and I need to do something with them really soon. I was thinking about using them instead of green beans in this

http://www.goneraw.com/node/16067

casserole. Does anyone have other ideas? I'd hate to waste them and I don't think they'd freeze well but I may be wrong.

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I love this recipe:

Mix together these ingredients to make a salad and then lay it out on a plate:

1/2 pineapple (chunked) and an equal amount of bean sprouts

1 cup of raw peanuts (I like to use the jungle peanuts)

2 large grated carrots

1 small diced cucumber

2 -3 finely sliced spring (green) onions

Make a dressing by mixing together the following:

2/3 cup raw peanut butter (creamy or chunky)

1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar

2 tablespoons of oil (I usually use peanut oil)

2 teaspoons nama shoya (not raw though)

1 fresh red chili pepper (finely chopped) or 1 teaspoon ground chili

(Don't worry if it doesn't taste sweet because the diced pineapple will take care of that)

Add cold water if needed to make mixture smooth and creamy

Spoon dressing over salad and fall in love

This salad has a light, nutty, sweet and spicy taste

It's one of my favorites

I think I will go add it to the recipe box here

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

Wow, this sounds awesome!! I used to make a Thai dressing with pb, lime juice and soy sauce. Yours sounds way better though! Where do you get your raw pb? Do you just make it out of the jungle peanuts?

• This recipe sounds great. But what are Jungle Peanuts???

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Jungle peanuts are wild peanuts that grow in the jungle. You can get them from some of the online raw food sites. I have twice found raw peanuts locally but they don't taste raw. I think there is a misrepresentation in there, which doesn't mean you can't find them. Anyway, the jungle peanuts taste authentic to me. We used to buy raw peanuts when I was a child for roasting and they tasted like jungle peanuts. The wild peanuts should also be organic.

Both my local health food markets have raw, fresh peanut butter so I don't make my own.

• Cool. thanks so much. I miss peanuts:)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Ooh, meditating! that sounds so good!