Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Thanks!

Vegan GoddessVegan Goddess Raw Newbie

: )

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

How important is your boyfriend to you??? Do you love him and how long have you been together???

What is more important, your boyfriend or your car???

Only you can answer your question by knowing the answer to mine... Good luck sweety and enjoy your Christmas with your decision.... smile!!!

ps I believe it was your mother who put you in that pickle... food for thought...

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Congratulations to your new insight!!! Glad to be of service and good luck with future relationship problems, may they always be this easy to solve!!! smile

• Hi, I would rather take the bus or train.

Its cheaper, better for the environment too.

Shake off the seed :)

We often have problems because we make the problems by over-focusing on things

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Amen to Waterbaby. Put people over posessions. Have a comfortable, safe, fun trip.

I think your mom has an agenda of some sort...just saying.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

All I can say is that I WISH I had a vehicle with 8,000 miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!! Road trips are fun!! Don't worry about the miles and just enjoy the quality time on the road with the boyfriend! Have fun :-)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Rent a car if you can. If it breaks down, the rental company should provide you with a new one. No miles on your car.

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

You can rent a car for a week for about $200.00 and unlimited Mileage..

• I feel very strongly that the "seed" planted in your head by your mother was a reflection of how you really feel inside. Those who know us well are usually the best at telling us things we don't necessarily want to hear... ; ) Analyze why you are taking her simple statement so seriously, if you didn't think it was valid, would you be thinking about it so much?

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Hello--

I can understand your paranoia about putting miles on the car-- but cars cannot stay young forever, and unless it's a lemon, or you don't take care of it, it should last for hundreds of throusands of miles! Your car is an infant and taking it on a 36 hour trip may take it out of infancy and into early car-hood. No use in worrying about it!!!!!

My boyfriend and I just got back from a 3-day trip from Chicago to Wisconsin and back, and we are driving from Chicago to Louisiana and back in a few weeks. We LOVE road trips! We hunt for antique shops and stop all along the way. ENJOY THE TRIP!!

Cars are made to drive-- not to sit there and rust to keep milage down-- that makes very little sense in my opinion.

Cars are made for drivin-- life is made for livin-- stop worrying and enjoy yourself!!

• Vegan GoddessVegan Goddess Raw Newbie

THANK YOU for the comments!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

He thinks you're spoiled? At least you're not the whimp who can't get his own car fixed to visit his OWN family. Geeze. Girls are supposed to be spoiled. It's our right:-D

If you're worried for your car and don't want to drive, you can check out the prices on bus tickets. Advance tickets are very often cheaper. If you can get seats next to each other(very hard today), it's a fun way to travel.

You can also check out the price on trains.

You can rent a car for a week.

Or, if you decide you want to drive your car, you can join AAA and buy some of their extra options. I love AAA. My old car was junk, but when it broke down on the highway, AAA came out and towed me.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

a 36 hour drive is VERY long, so make sure your car can handle it. i think as long as he chips in for gas, then you guys should just go.

and i honestly don't think you have a spoiled attitude about this. i wouldn't want to put that many miles on my car either.

whatever you decide, i hope your christmas is great!!

• Hi Siham ,

Just to add my 2 cents... the 2 things that jumped out at me in your post were "my mother planted an ugly seed in my head" and "I was spoiled as a child". I just wanted to comment that it may or may not work out for you to spend the rest of your life with your boyfriend, but you WILL spend the rest of your life living with the patterns you set for becoming seperate from your family of origin. So I'd say it'd be better to spend less energy thinking about your car and take some time to develop strategies for dealing with your mom, so that when she shares her perspective, you can treat it as "her perspective" and keep a boundary there so it doesn't become an ugly planted seed in your head.

I wish you well this Christmas (hope you get to make the trip- let us all know how it went!) and in finding your way with old and new patterns.

-osoniye

• So, how did it go, Siham?? Hope you had a great Christmas and were able to make the trip and enjoy it! It would be great to hear from you.