Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I'm Losing My Apitite

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I've been 100% raw for about 2 months and1 month of transition, and I'm getting less and less hungry, I know it makes sense and I find it good to some degree as it saved me money on food, but I also losing a bit weight which I don't like to much, now the thing is that I guess I could increase calorie intake but I'm just not hungry, and really finding it pointless to binge even though I don't really want to, should I just let of the weight issue or are my concerns just? I'm 170cm, was about 53-54kg before raw now im at 50-51kg, skinny as it is as you can see.

Comments

• Greetings Ras Saadon,

What are you eating daily? If you are juicing try adding nut or seed milks to your intake. Also add more oils coconut oil, olive and hemp. Eat more nuts and seeds in addition to what you are eating now. Graze throughout the day. Walk with food.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Usually I have 2-3 fruits(whatever in season, atm its any types of citrus, kiwi) some dry fruits(apricot, figs, dates, dried apples) and a few handfuls of nuts for breakfast, lunch is usually a big salad with, 1-2 cucumber, 2-3 tomatoes, 1-2 bell peppers, 1-2 avocado, parsley, spinach, celery, sometimes I add the root of celery&turnip cabbage, olive oil and sometimes walnut oil or another different type of oil, then for the rest of the day I snack on fruits, nuts, left over from the salad, and date&nut carob balls that I make, I also eat daily around 2-3 spoons of almond butter and tehini&nigella butter, this is like a general routine which varies according to what is available and also I practice Yoga&Thai Boxing, so after practices I juice for greens and drink them in addition to what I have already mentioned.

• Greetings Ras Saadon,

Many would truly envy your Raw Routine! Each body is different. An example is your daily intake would be too much for me and I would probably gain weight from it. On the only hand you are more physically active then I. I would experiment with what you are eating by perhaps decreasing any water based fruits and adding more nuts and grains. Maybe add soaked oat groats and raisins to the date nut carob balls.

One more question. During your transition did you flush you kidneys, liver and cleans your intestines? If not it is not too late to do so. I always recommend doing so before or during the transition to Raw. That aides the body during the detox which is on going for about 3 years.

Another thing is that you have only been Raw for 2 months. Your body is going to change because you are eliminating a lot of toxins. Sometimes toxins we eliminate are mistaken for weight. If this is the case it will correct its self in time. Your body will not allow you to be too thin provided that you are eating Raw the way that it is best for YOUR body. As I said many would envy your routine. Just experiment with what you are doing. It looks like what you are doing is good for someone as active as you are.

Blessings

• During your transition did you flush you kidneys, liver and cleans your intestines? If not it is not too late to do so.

Do you have a flush that you recommend? Why do a flush before transitioning? I read you should do one after you've been raw about 6 months...

• PamPam

Ntombi could not have said it better. Envy right here! I'm your height but weigh more and would gain eating what you eat. And believe me, I WANT to eat more... LOL. Lucky you... my normal day's intake would cause you to wither away!

All of her advice is spot on, including subbing for the high-water content veggies. And your body will adjust once detox is over.

There are certain vitamins that increase your appetite, too. I'm thinking B12, but I could be wrong about that. Also, clockwise massage of the abdomine might help.

Yea I try and listen to my body, at work I can feel how my body is wanting that sugar&energy to keep going, and when I get home that peacefulness that a green salad brings, I also go by taste, I have noticed that certain things taste so much better at certain times and at other times they just don't taste good at all.

Never noticed how much water theres in the food I eat till now hehe, it does seem like lots of water, guess I can decrease it some.

I heard about flushing but never really looked into it, what is it and how do I do it?

Pam, thanks for the info regarding vitamins but I don't believe in supplements, I want nourish my temple in the most natural&pure way, and I believe everything I need is found in the food I eat when its in its most natural state.

• Greetings

The best flush that I could ever recommend would be a fast. A natural one with citrus juices (orange, lemon, lime, pineapple) Choose one fruit or combine a couple of them with water. If you need something to assist specific problems and to clean the bowels natural herbs are the best.

I personally use the herbs from the Barefoot Herbalist on the Cure Zone Website

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=626

I normally fast at least 2x a year for cleansing and for spiritual upliftment.

• Some spices gives appetite, like cumin

• PamPam

Ras-saadom, I totally agree. I didn't mean that you should take vitamins.... rather, I meant that you should research what you may be missing and try to get more of it through the foods that you eat!

Ntombi, can you explain a bit on juice fasting? never done it before, I do a water fast once a year though.

Pam, oh I see, nice idea I'll check it out.