Several issues..HELP!!

My son has orange and kinda lifeless hair and I don't know why..any ideas?(it is normally dark brown),,he is 100%raw fooder for 6 months now. He eats well..smoothies, greens, oils, seeds and nuts and avocados....etc

My nails break now...can't seem to grow them anymore...eating green smoothies everyday..since then it has been happening..why?

I tried Colloidal Silver..does nothing for me..any other ideas? I am feeling really icky..sore throat, swollen glands, runny nose

Thanks

Donna

Comments

• i found this fairly thorough blog entry regarding the hair and nail issue: http://therawdivas.com/blog/?p=209

also, i recommend eating seaweed. it's excellent for hair and nails. plus, if you are eating a lot of raw flax, that could be inhibiting your iodine absorption which can lead to hormonal problems which can lead to hair loss and tons of other not great things. luckily, seaweed is a mega source of iodine, so it could help straighten that out too, in case. dulse is currently my favorite snack. i eat it straight out of the bag. yum!

• here's another helpful website: http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=36843

rosemary, they say.

i was shedding a lot a few months ago, so i get your concerns. it's really a scary thing - especially for a woman. it slowed way down when i got more greens in and started eating the seaweed. i also started seeing an acupuncturist to help me balance out some hormone issues i was having. i'm sure that contributed as well. plus, i'm stressing way less than i used to. that is sure to have an effect. i believe i managed to stop the shedding in its tracks. but i still keep a watchful eye after washing and brushing. i think i'll look into the rosemary, just to be sure.

hope all that helps.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

my naturopath said to beware of too much iron in seaweed. moderation is key there.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

Glad you aren't taking colliodal silver anymore

His hair may be lifeless from frequent use of orange or some other dye.

I use to eat seaweed a lot for the touted benefits. I don't anymore. I think green smoothies are enough with all the other fruits I eat.

My slam my hands on things and use my nails as peeling tools. So my nails are not great. They are just not bad.

For your nails, I'd recommend getting a variety of raw foods, maybe more land veggies.

• Seaweed and good omegas in the diet should help. Massaging the scalp and hair with sesame oil is good and left overnight.