Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Learning your body

The more raw, I have found there is a better 'communication' with the body in what is good for the health to eat.

And I am wondering if others have the same experiences.

There are certain things I love to eat, but from the first bite, there are signals that its not a good idea.

Time and again I find this communication to be very accurate and it connects me more to the 'whole me'.

Its not so easy to put this in words...

What about you ?

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I used to love pralines. About 8 months into high raw I went to the farmer's market one day and a woman was selling pralines she had made. I kept looking at them and decided to get one. Within a minute after the first bite, I could have just puked. I threw it in the trash. (Yes, I threw a praline in the trash!) The intense sugar taste hit me so hard and it didn't taste like food at all.

I found that after eating real food, it is repulsive to eat processed crap. I went through the same thing when I started eating macrobiotic but I suspect my system is much keener now.

Cooked food seems much heavier than raw food in my stomach. Especially since gaining some experience with water fasting, I understand how much energy is used by the body to digest food. I think we have more energy with raw because we aren't using as much to digest our food.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

It doesn't take long for your palate to change, and for things you used to eat to taste funky.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yes, so true! i ate some processed food yesterday and my back was screaming out in pain! i listened and i am back on 100% raw. at first, my body could take small doses of cooked but then it just added up to no good.

• my throat/salivary glands do a weird type of release when i eat something processed now. it's hard to describe, but i feel like my body goes, "WHOA! all hands on deck!" when i eat something that is not good for it.

s

• There are times I get sudden urges for particular food which I follow, and I find out later that it was exactly what the body was craving to heal up.

• ironically it is the veggies that i have never turned back on since going raw 3 years ago

i have never been a processed food eater so i never go back to that but in the last 3 years i have had some roasted chicken and one or two coffee binges or gotten into kefir, raw cheese etc

but the veggies, my body seriously CAN NOT eat cooked veggies....even a simply steamed veggie, my body just totally won't tolerate one bite. it is weirdly revolting