Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do you store dehydrated breads/crackers?

Hello wonderfuls.

I've made bread or crackers a few times now, and have put them in tupperware-- but the next day they have incorporated water and get floppy. Anyone have a trick to keeping them from absorbing water from the air?

Comments

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Oh good question. My one attempt at crackers was a bust. Flavor & crisp wise.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Move to the desert ;)

• need to dehydrate them longer, sorry :(

• I don't know the answer, but wanted to bump the question up. I wonder the same thing.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

make sure whatever you put in your tupperware is cool first!

• Throw a cotton ball into the container.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

A cotton ball? That's an idea-- or maybe just paper towel.

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

Maybe a saltine cracker? I know that works with sugar.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

That's a great idea too! Those things are like sponges

• I store my crackers and breads in the freezer, I wrape the in wax paper, they stay crisp

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yes i've noticed this. i tend to like them softer, but then i simply dehydrate the bread a bit more before i eat them. that does the trick. i also keep them in the fridge.

the other option is to dehydrate them a lot longer. they will be VERY hard like the store-bought stuff.

oh and the other thing i've done is reduce the amount of water in some recipes.

• I just threw a batch of onion crackers in the dehydrator, and am very grateful for this information.

Anyone want to share their favorite cracker recipe?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

my favorite cracker is on this site. it's the carrot crackers so just do a search for those . you MUST try them. the flavors were incredible and the house smelled so good. i ate them with sundried tomatoes and olives.

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

These ones are my favorite and stay crispy!

http://www.goneraw.com/recipe/craque-lin-flax-crackers

I make them with the sesame seed option. Love them! You can flavor them with whatever herbs you want. I have some fresh organic thyme that I think I'll try tonight. Good luck!

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I've just let mine sit out on the counter for a day. Then I put them in the fridge.