Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

80 10 10 Group trial anyone?

2»

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

lisa5678

Always honor your soul. Be at peace.

:~)

• Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry you are feeling blue. You aren't getting enough calories though, I'm sure that's a big part of the reason.

The key to this diet is to have most of your calories from fruits. When you do that you feel so satisfied and full that cooked food doesn't look good to you. And the smell idea was a great one, I'm practising that today when I go to Costco, which smells of cinnamon bread.

But I have to admit, it is very hard to be around others who are eating cooked food that you enjoy. I have an easy time with this because I live alone and don't eat out socially.

If you download the cronometer, which is free, just google, it will help. Then you can see clearly what you are getting from your food. If you are getting your calorie and nutrient needs met then you can resist temptation more easily.

After reading the book the thought of putting oil onto a salad makes me wince, thinking of clogging up my system and creating more work for my body than it can handle.

Then I can look at a plate of food and ask, Will this give me energy or will it use up my supply of energy in digesting and getting rid of the toxic waste?

"I'm sort of at a weird point right now. I'm not sure whether I should honor my commitment and not eat cooked food, or honor my soul and eat some."

I really feel for you about this, I've been there, and I think you should definitely do what you want - but the soul reference makes me giggle a bit. I don't think our souls care what goes into our mouths as much as our taste buds and emotional addictions do.

I am also thinking that, after this month's trial, in social situations, when I visit my family or go out to lunch with my mother, I will eat a little cooked food, a soup or something, just to keep them happy. I also don't want to become so pure that cooked food would make me sick, which has happened to some people.

Anyway I am compiling a list of what I ate yesterday so you can see what an enormous quantity of fruit I ate. Which gave me the energy to climb a ladder up and down all day preparing to paint my house - a job that has needed doing for 5 years!

Pears - 3

Bananas - 5 Most people on this diet eat at least 10 or so but I don't like them much.

Kiwis -6

cherimoya -1 large

grapefruit -1

papaya - 2 cups

blackberries -2 cups

cherries -1 cup

apple -1

1 1/2 quarts of green juice, made in blender and squeezed in nutmilk bag

8 macademia nuts

2 brazil nuts

All that came to over 2000 calories, 94% carb, 6% protien, 10% fat.

I ate 5 times, ending at 6 oc and didn't think about food until it was time to eat again.

I hope this helps,

Big hug, Pam

• Well, I did end up eating some cooked food--it didn't taste as good as I had expected, but I don't regret doing it. It was what I needed to do at that time. At this point, I'm going to go raw as completely as I feel is best for the remaining 30 days, but I'm not going to hurt myself for it.

pixx - thanks for that.

freepam - I'll try to eat more calories. And as for the soul thing, I stand by it. I think that food traditions can connect us in wonderful ways to generations of people. It can connect someone to their mother, bring back memories, be part of learning about heritage. And that is part of the soul, for me, so I feel that I will honor that. If you think that's silly, that's fine, but it's not silly for me.

• Hi Lisa,

I've been up on a ladder painting my house all week and just saw your comment.

Yes, you make sense with the soul thing, like 'soul food', I get it now. Words have different meanings for everyone, it's a wonder we can communicate at all.

I cheated this week too. I had to keep going to get my helper mexican food for lunch and finally I couldn't resist it.

So i had some and it did taste good and now I'm back on the wagon.

That's the thing about any diet, it's not written in stone, I do the best I can and acknowledge my weaknesses and move on.

• freepam, it sounds like your perspective is really good. It never helps to beat ourselves up about things; I really try not to do that. I want to go completely raw, and I'm doing my absolute best now. You're doing great! I'm actually going to try this 7-day detox on the raw divas website; it's low fat, whole food raw, pretty much 80/10/10. Except, they don't have any overt fat for 7 days as part of the detox. I think I'm going to try it out. Staying raw has gotten easier as I've found that when I do eat cooked food, it doesn't taste great and it gives me bad digestion problems. I now feel like I'd really like to commit to eating raw, at least the vast majority of the time.

• P.S. I'm loooving the simplicity of eating whole raw foods, with no spices or salt or anything. I barely have any dishes, have extra time, and it just feels nice to not even really think about that whole part of eating. I'm not looking up recipes or cooking for a long time, I'm just eating when I'm hungry and enjoying the gorgeous tastes of ripe fruits, earthy greens and fresh vegetables. I feel so much more clear and focused than when I was doing a gourmet raw diet!

• Yes, I second all of that. it frees up so much time and energy for other creative things. The funny part is that my daughter-in-law and I both had the same effect - we are transforming our houses. So that's a side blessing of the diet. Now we are fixing stuff we haven't been happy with for ages.

Mmm! just made a strawberry and papaya smoothie.

• That's great! I should get to work on my house, but I can't seem to get up enough motivation. I'll start Monday, hee hee. I have done a lot of knitting and job-searching, though, and I've pretty much sold my car. So I guess I have done a lot! I made this smoothie the other day, and I loved it so much. It was banana, papaya, and dates. It was so delicious and dessert-like! I'm thinking that that's the kind of thing I would love to have on a birthday or a special occasion.

• Hey,

I have candida and very interested in to see how you guys are getting on four months after the trial. Still going strong with the 811, any candida symptoms?? I have ordered my boko but afarid of trying it!

Any feedback from you trialers would be great!

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

That's awesome you ordered your book. I think it's the only raw book that people really need. There is a forum of 801010ers over at www.30bananasaday.com if you want to browse around and check out the 600+ people who are doing it every day.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Hey fellow 80/10/10-ers,

I've already posted this elsewhere on the forum, but I thought you guys might be interested. I'm moderating a 30 day challenge starting today on rawveganfitness.com. It's for anyone who wants to be raw vegan, but I personally subscribe to a low-fat raw vegan diet.

The site has a whole bunch of great fitness articles and there is a workout of the week as well posted by Michael (I'm sure you know him if you visit Dr. Graham's forum).

Hope to see you there,

Swayze