Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What about green tea?:)

Following raw vegan diet....I find that I'm cold and shivering all the time and can't make myself feel warmer....

What's your experienc?Should I give up drinking boiled water?

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I think you will find a lot of raw food fans who love teas and even coffee, either occasionally, regularly, or on an "as-needed" basis.

There are a couple of recent threads discussing the usual winter/cold weather issues and what foods and practices help.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I drink Magnesium... i found it on Raw Food World website - they sent me a sample and I liked it. You drink it warm, so this helped me to not drink tea anymore :) Plus, it has so many wonderful benefits! I got the Lemon Raspberry flavored one.

• thanks for sharing:)

• I drink warming spicy teas. Green teas are high in anti-oxidants but still have some caffeine. You might like to try a warming hot chocolate using a seed mylk and adding cacao, maca, cayenne and ginger. Add spices to your food and eat some dehydrated food as dampness cools the body in the winter months. Avoid salt.

Raw Christmas

• I like adding Jalapeno pepper to energy soup or other blended dishes. Warms me up in no time. Also burdock root which helps with circulation will warm up extremities along with Niacin flush tablets really heat you especially if you take them on an empty stomach. Good luck. :)

• I adore green tea and drink 2-4 mugs of it a day...I feel great when I drink it. It raises my metabolism and fights cancer...it's a bit bitter, but I got used to it...it keeps me nice and warm when I need it.

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• I adore green tea,too:)

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I love it too!

My son asked me to give him some ideas to what I would like for chrissy, and I said, a teaset I've seen them use for green tea!.

It is a pot and very small cups with no handles for those who have not seen one.

• Lifes to short not to enjoy green tea and anyway Cacao would probably have a lot more caffieine in it than green tea.

• I live right next to a tea plantation, and I sure hope your tea is organic!

• I believe the magnesium product Carrie6292 is referring to is "Natural Calm" (I also have the lemon-raspberry flavor!). I have anxiety issues, and this stuff has helped me more than any medication I ever took for anxiety - it's amazing. My doctor explained how it works. Basically, when you are in a difficult situation, your body depletes its magnesium reserves, which causes your body to experience stress or anxiety. So taking magnesium helps keep your magnesium reserves high, and you have a buffer against whatever your normal stress response is. Or rather, it allows you to experience a normal stress response. It also keeps you regular, folks! Helps you sleep really well...truly great stuff! Sort of the opposite of green tea, but I can't drink caffeine really :(

• heloise- great info! I had no idea about the connectin between Mag and stress. I am currently having problems with anxiety (recieve injections and a side effect is anxiety) but I also tend to have low Mag levels. I am so excited to try this out and see if it helps me! Did you get yours at the same website mentioned above?

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I drink both green tea and yerba mate tea.. I think the benefits outweigh the little bit of caffeine

• kaikai

I was shivering this morning under a blanket thinking how I was going to make some green tea soon as the baby woke up from his nap (he is a light sleeper and I wasn't about to wake him with a screaming tea kettle) but I completely forgot until I saw this post.

We all get a little crazy trying to be %100. Do what is right for your body. If you want some tea drink it, if you don't feel so great after don't do it again. I'm thinking that a warm mug of green tea is better than cranking up the heat.

If you are worried about the caffeine get some naturally decaffeinated bags or do it yourself by throwing out the first batch and using it a second time.

• ladydaventryladydaventry Raw Newbie

Unfortunately I drink both tea and coffee - but plenty of herbal teas, especially when I am at work. I have always loved coffee, I used to be a barista but my mother had me drinking it from when I was much younger!!

Lemon and ginger tea and peppermint teas are my favourite. No need to use boiling water, just warm. Some lemon slices and grated ginger or indeed just a bunch of mint leaves left to infuse in a mug of warm water is so soothing.

• Wow, that info on the magnesium is great. Is there anything like that in Australia and can you get it as a tea?

• I find that ginger tea is great for warmth. I like mine strong, but ginger will improve your circulation, hence the feeling of warmth.

You can buy ginger tea at Whole Foods, or if you really like ginger, you can juice the root and use the pulp to make a fresh tea (root is very strong, so go easy on the pulp).

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

boiled water? there are no enzymes in water to kill!

i like ginger tea as well. and i do fruit tea too.