Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hair Loss

SystemSystem Raw Newbie

I've been raw for 3 months and just recently my father has noticed a bald spot in the back of my head. It wasn't there before, but now it just chillin' on the back of my head. I was just wondering if I have some sort of deficiency. And if so, I would like to learn a better way to incorporate these foods or vitamins into my diet.

THANKS GONERAW U GUYZ RULE.

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

If you are an anarchist maybe you should just let chaos rule and not worry about the vitamins.

Haha couldn't help it. Um.. maybe you aren't getting enough dark leafy green veggies?

• Thanks for insulting the political philosophy millions have died for, zinfandel!

I do greens daily. (mostly kale)

I'm thinking a b12/omega 3 fat deficiency.

but I was looking for some more suggestions.

• Omega 3s- flax, hemp and sesame oil massaged into scalp with a little rosemary oil at nighttime. Greens, some seaweed, pumpkin seeds are all good. Baldness can also be in the genes.

Millions have died for Christianity, Judiasm, Democracy, and every other ideology under the sun. Millions have also died for nothing.

• Funny, that male pattern baldness thing seems to be really hard to fix. I noticed that Dr Doug has it too, probably a bit later than he would have on a dead food diet.

Maybe there is a good reason for men to lose their hair that we haven't figured out yet, more oxygen to the brain or something.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

IWWKEVIN - Unfortunately, I don't have any advice regarding your bald spot.

However, given that you made no comment attacking ZINFANDEL'S rights or political beliefs, she should not be provoked to attack yours. Granted, that isn't always the case.

As a women and proponent for civil rights for all, I know personally what it is like when you belong to or identify with a minority political concern that is devalued by the mainstream. We take so much crap that it is easy to be oversensitive to what others say. We are hyper-vigilant and wait for the next discount or insult. It is easy to understand why this happens.

If you are ever attacked for your beliefs under circumstances where you did not assail someone else first, I hope others here would speak out on your behalf and I believe I would. I think ZINFANDEL's initial remarks were clearly a friendly and witty response with no intention to devalue your beliefs.

Best wishes and I hope you find a resolution to your hair loss. I have genetic hair thinning across the top of my head and it is very bothersome.

It's true, I didn't mean to say anything that was actually hurtful. I have a long history with the whole punk rock anarchist ideals. If that is what angle you are coming from. And I'm not talking about the mainstream stuff. I'm talking about like bands from Sweden and not the poppy stuff ;) I myself was guitarist in a band for 2+ years. I think I have enough exposure to the anarchist ideology that I can safely say that it is unrealistic. This is the only life we've got and I don't think we should waste our time promoting anarchy because in human civilization it wouldn't even be the best option. AND the only reason I gave you a hard time is because I know you can take it!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think it is a risk every time someone says "I am..." something. It is easiest just to "do."

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

Black Sesame Seed Sprouts, He Shou Wu, And Prostate Herbals like Pumpkin seeds, Flaxseed, Chia,... Sprouted Of Course... and maybe some Saw Palmeto...

• I will not engage in debate. Anarchism has showed itself in many countries and obviously works.

That's cool you listen to swedish hardcore, though, zin.

Mob 47 rules.

By the way, i'm 18 years old. I better not be losing my hair already, i'll be pissed off.

Using flax more often now.

• Hi IWWkevin,

This may gross you out, as it also may others, but research Urine therapy. Type it into google and see what you get. There is heaps on baldness and Urine therapy.

Enough said....I think I'll leave the rest up to you to see what you discover. It's a miracle cure for just about anything!

Good Luck.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Kevin, it's interesting that you chose to poke fun at someone on a christian thread (http://www.goneraw.com/node/6629?page=11 see reply #346), but take offense to someone poking fun at you here. I personally would prefer that we simply respect each other and accept our differences.

I'm glad you started this thread. My mother's hair thinned dramatically starting in her 60's, and I have noticed what is probably the beginning of thinning on the back of my head (don't sleep on my back, so that's not part of the issue). I'll be following this thread for some bits of wisdom.