Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Oil pulling

2»

Comments

• Wait, Jenny, if you’re getting the same reaction from water and coconut oil are you sure you’re not just lightly triggering your gag reflex?

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Avo, it’s definitely possible, I have a very light gag reflex. But there does always seem to be something to cough up.

• For daily routine, I alternate 1/2 the week of lymphatic brushing because it helps with the detox and the other 1/2 of the week with castor oil packs to the abdomen for 1 hr. Toothpastes that I use are Weleda Plant Tooth Gel. It’s kind of strong tasting but it doesn’t have any chemicals (no SLS, etc.) My other favorite is Miessence toothpaste. This one is kind of fun because it is strongly flavored, lemon or anise but it doesn’t hurt my gums at all. It’s like you’re eating a lemon cookie while brushing your teeth! Only problem with Miessence stuff is that it is multi level sales. I just buy straight from the company in Australia (online) and cut through all that sales levels crap!

• Linda,what benefits have you seen by using the castor oil packs?

• Colgate buys tom’s of maine new’s story Anyone, any toothpaste suggestions??

This makes me so sad as Colgate-Palmolive tests on animals...
  • emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Avo Cado mentioned in post 18 about amalgam fillings falling out as a result of oil pulling. I have several, and so have not tried oil pulling for that reason. Is anyone doing oil pulling who also has "silver" fillings? If so, for how long have you been pulling, and what is your experience / opinion of its effect on the fillings?

• i have been oil pulling with sesame oil since last October. I havent had any fillings fall out and dont appear near to doing it. I had a dentist appt yesterday, I have one old cracked filling that will be replaced soon thats all. However I did amaze my dentist by the fact that I no longer have gingivitis. I have always gotten "the talk" about must floss, etc because gingivitis affects your health, yada yada... but not this time. When I told him what I was doing he was shocked, happy, but shocked. It will be interesting to see if he researches it and/or recommends to his other patients. I can say oil pulling stopped gingivitis for me so I will definitely keep doing it. I also like the clean feeling I get after and that the hygenist spent very little time cleaning my teeth yesterday.