Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Learning to Like Greens? (And detox question)

Hey everyone! Day 50 all raw! Anyways, I feel like I need to increase the amounts of greens I eat. I only eat greens in smoothies. Usually I put a couple coups of kale into my smoothies, if not more. But I honestly have no liking of the taste of salads (unless it has a good dressing). I'm not sure how to make myself enjoy greens more. I read that I could start reducing the amount of fruit and upping the greens in my smoothies, but I've yet to try it. I sat down and tried to eat a bowl of kale massaged with olive oil and avocado today, and It was hard to finish, in fact I didn't. Any tips?

ALso, my BO went away for a couple weeks around week 3, but now it's back, and I'm confused. Am I still just going through detox right now?

Comments

• Kale and chard are the worst for me because they are so bitter. You could start with butter lettuce or romaine just using lemon juice as a dressing. I loved the creamy dressings before 811 but I'm gradually getting used to none or a little lemon. I was actually thinkiing today how good my salad was tasting after all that fruit.

I'm also going to use my new handcrank chopper and start chopping and grating stuff for my salad, then it might not seem so much work to chew it. A little grated jicama and carrot might help.

• Try using rocket in your salads, I find it to be very appetizing and is a great plant.

other names for it are Roquette and arugula

• Ah, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, I meant to post it in the being raw section. If a mod wants to relocate or delete it and I can re-post it in the right forum.

• i was lucky. i was born with an aquired taste to raw greens, collards, kale, i love them all with fresh jersey tomatos in the summer, the two paired for me is like heaven.

mix romaine with kale and use a really creamy dressing.

for some reason with kale lately, i do spicy seasonings, it being winter, warms ya up!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Logan, the creator of a thread has the ability to relocate it to another forum.

1. At the top of the thread, click on "Edit"

2. From the drop down menu, change the "Forum" category

3. OPTIONAL: Leave a shadow copy in the original category by checking the box in the bottom left corner just above the Save / Preview buttons.

4. If desired, edit your original comments. To make your editing more obvious put it at the very top or bottom of the post, beginning with the word EDIT in bold. If it's a short edit, I sometimes put the edited comment in bold as well.

5. Save your changes

To see what a shadow copy looks like, go to Forums -- Talk It Up. I moved "Eco-friendly wedding dresses" to test this feature.

• I just made the yummiest chard salad yesterday: sunflower seed butter, garlic, dried onion, salt, diced tomatoes, and chopped chard. I made it again tonight, and I think I'll be eating it for days on end.

I'm also thinking of blending some chard with garlic and lemon and hemp seeds to make a pesto over noodles (just need to find some seaweed noodles.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Since I been adding raisins to my salads, i don't use any dressing.

I just put a few table spoons of raisins in salad with 2 Tbls freshly ground raw organic flaxseed, and a little pepper.

Sometimes a few drops of fresh lemon juice.

Basically im eating it raw, and i am now used to it. I actually have a hard time eating a salad with any kind of vinegar on it, or any store bought salad dressing.

At first I couldn't eat it this way, but after about 2-3 months it just came naturally.

And so far the only way I can eat kale is in smoothies, but hey, maybe i will try a little in my salad again tomorrow.

Wish me luck!!! lol

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

on your Kale salad???

what about...

salt? tomato? cayenne pepper?

Try it with all 6 ingredients! No other version comes close.

also let it sit for 10 minutes after the massage?

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

150-300 grams spinach (how thick you want it)

juice from 3 oranges

3 dates

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

have you tried a collard wrap? I take out the thickest part of the stem on collards and kale. My husband takes out the whole stem. that might make it more palatable, as the stem seems to be the most bitter.

• I first attempted a collard wrap and couldn't stand it. I love greens cooked. but that raw collard was horrible to me. I made collard burgers in the dehydrator and they were awesome!! I think I got the recipe at Rawfreedom.

I now LOVE chipotle kale salad and Christmas Kale salad I found at RawFreedom. I can't get enough. And kale chips in the dehyrdator. I just made the Bittersweet Apple Dandelion salad this weekend. The recipe is here on GoneRaw. Add romaine and lambs lettuce to soften the flavor and texture.

Up the amount of greens in your smoothie. YOu don't taste a difference.