Nut Butters

So it says that my champion juicer is good for making nut butters. Is this correct? has anyone tried? and is there anything i need to know or do i just pour em in?

Comments

• Hi rawmamanibbles,

The first time I made almond butter with my Champion, I was really surprised at how hot the motor gets. You have to really take it slow. I later found out that rinsing and draining the almonds beforehand helps provide a creamier texture.

A couple of alternative methods would be a food processor or a Vita Mix. Here's a twist...chocolate peppermint almond butter...

http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2008/12/22/ode-to-my-vita-mix/

:)

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

It seems to take forever in a food processor. Anyone have a perfect method in a food processor? I usually give up and stick with having almond crumbs.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I've read several places that adding a bit of liquid (usually an oil) makes it creamier and easier on the food processor. This thread has a variety of reasonable suggestions. You also need to be careful that the butter doesn't overheat and become less than raw. There is more nut butter information on Gone Raw. Try an Advanced Search under Forums and Recipes.

When you come up with unique combinations that you like, do post them.

Josephine, I must try that recipe. It has all my favorite "sweet" flavors. Thanks for posting.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

That thread is really helpful.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I'm glad you found it helpful. There's lots more info on here. If you have time, do try the searches.