Finally the vitamix! Juice suggestions?

Hey everyone! I just got my Vitamix for the holidays and I couldn't be happier. That thing is ridiculous. It instantly forms a vortex (that's how i judge my smoothies)! Anyways, I've been experimenting with different drinks to make in it. I made a watermelon orange drink that was delicious. And I made an orange grapefruit kale drink that was very good too. Does anyone have any good drinks they make sometimes, not smoothies, more of a liquid juice type of drink.

THanks!

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Most smoothie recipes call for some frozen ingredient to give the thicker consistency. I use all unfrozen ingredients when I want a more juice like consistency, sometimes with a little water or fresh citrus juice added so it's not so thick. (The only juicer I have is for citrus.) You might also try clicking on the "Recipe" tab, then on the "drink" tag for some more ideas.

• Hi LoganKost,

Guess what? I received a Vita Mix very recently too! :) Here are a few of my fav recipes.

I love chocolate almond mylk shakes.

about 3 heaping tablespoons of almond paste

or you could use almond mylk instead of paste and distilled water

a couple of medjool dates, pitted

a pinch or two of raw cacao nibs

a pinch or two of gogi berries

a pinch or two of hemp seeds

about a tablespoon of grade b maple syrup. I like more.

chilled, distilled water to desired consistency

blend to desired consistency

I've only made the shake recipe in my Tribest personal blender, so I'm looking forward to making it in the Vita Mix. Not sure yet if it will need ice added, but I'll be finding out soon. This recipe has such a wonderful flavor. Sometimes I leave out the gogi berries and hemp seeds for a more chocolatey flavor.

Did your Vita Mix come with the Getting Started Guide? The recipe on page 10 is so delicious. The Garden Fresh Cocktail. I use 2 medium tomatoes and add in some cherry tomatoes. It's so delicious.

1 cup fresh tomatoes

1/2 cup spinach

1/4 cup carrots

1 tablespoon onion

1 sprig parsley

1/4 cup bell pepper

ice cubes

dash of salt optional

Add to Vita Mix in this order. Turn to variable speed 1 and increase quickly to speed 10. Run for 30-60 seconds. Party for your taste buds. :)

I also love to blend pineapple and baby spinach leaves with a little distilled water. So yummy.

Cheers.

• oh nice thanks! I feel like you may need to add ice to it! All the smoothies I used to make in my crappy blender get demolished in this one! So I always add a little ice for a thicker consistency. I'm totally gonna try those those recipes, that garden fresh cocktail looks amazing. I seriously can't believe how well the vitamix works. I've had it for 2 days and probably used it over ten times! I can't get enough of it.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Hooray for our VitaMixers. I even travel with mine (base and 32 ounce carafe). It's a little cumbersome, but so worth it -- and so far my family has been very accommodating. I can't imagine life without it .

• I don't know what I ever did without my Champion and my Vita Mix.

Have you seen the upright carrot peeler? This thing is amazing. It can peel a carrot in about 3 seconds. My husband got it from Hallelujah Acres. It can also peel small cucumbers and anything else similarly shaped. Super time saver when organic carrots, cucumbers, etc. are not available.

https://shopping.hacres.com/item/itemKey/1198338