Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello My name is ICE CREAM

Hello everyone

My name is Sheryl but you can call me ICE CREAM. I been raw for over a year now. Raw Foods is a lifestyle for me now. I don't enjoy cooked foods anymore.My life has changed in a positive way. Before I went Raw my health was bad,I was in a runt. I didn't want to do anything with my life. Now I'm taking classes and I have more energy to do the things that I want to do now. I see life in a diffrent way now. But there is an emotional side to raw foods that most people don't talk about. I will tell you this whatever you did'nt deal with as a child or young person,when you go raw you have to deal with your issues. Cooked foods numb your senses and your feeling. when you eat raw food you are awaken and you will have to change thing in your life. Things that don't serve you anymore will be discarded. I'm trying to meet other raw foodists. I live in Detroit Mi and its cold here. So I will write again soon.

Take care all

ICE CREAM DREAM

Comments

• ICE CREAM DREAM AKA Sheryl is seeking to meet other raw foodist. I'm in Detroit Mi

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Whoa, that first post is so true. I dont mean about the childhood stuff for me but the utter need to live in the truth for myself is so frickin scary. I feel like I might almost be on the verge of upsetting the status quo here and you can bet no one here is interested in that. Ugg, did I just say that?

Uh, sorry. In case it came across that 'here' was gone raw..no. I meant here at home. durf

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi, Ice Cream Dream! I live right across the border from Detroit, in Windsor. I couldn't agree more about the emotional side to eating raw. I've done a ton of positive self-work over the past several months and have lots more to do. I feel like I've come out of a fog. It's a great feeling!

Gratefultobe, I think you might be surprised how interested some people are in experiences and situations beyond just raw living. I've found people quite responsive when I've posted personal questions. Post anything you want. If people aren't interested, they'll just ignore the topic and read a different thread.

hugs, Thanks sweetpea. If I do have anything to contribute to a topic I'll chime in. Very sweet of you!

• Hello Everyone

Happy New year

I going to continue on this raw food journey,and it is a journey. I want to start going to some raw food meetup this year. I do need the support. Over the hoildays it was very lonely for me. I tried to fit in where I thought I used to fit in.but it was very hard. How do you handle the social setting,families or friends? I can visit them but I don't feel that I belong with them. Can anyone out there help me with this.

• You obviously just needed some change in your life. Being a raw foodist was just the catalyst for change! (But thank goodness you let it work its magic.)

• Hello IWWkevin

Thanks you very much for your comment.That's the reason I went raw. I was stuck in a runt and when I did go raw things started to change for me.

• Hello everyone

I want to know do raw foods affect you teeth and why? I try not to eat a lot of dates and nuts.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Ice cream, hello and welcome! I love RAW ice cream and eat it guilt-free!

raw foods can affect your teeth if you eat LOTS of fruits. a good rule of thumb is to rinse with water if not brush at each meal. another problem is the fiber of raw foods can get caught in your teeth. floss each day and you should be fine.