Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Rawsolutions

CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

So do any of you have any Rawsolutions for the New Year?

I really hope to start eating more raw foods. I sort of jumped off the wagon during the Holiday's and even at some sea food a couple times.

I have still been at least 50% raw though, I think, but would like to bring that closer to at least 75%.

I want to become more adventurous in my recipes as well and try new stuff, but I am going to have to become discipline again to actually make stuff. They "newness" has worn off now and my excitement for raw foods has dropped some, what kind of things do you do to keep your enthusiasm up about it? When I first got into it, I was gung ho, now I'm having trouble motivating myself to try new stuff and making raw creations other than smoothies, salads and deserts. Suggestions are welcome.

Oh and along with eating more raw and preparing more raw creations I want to create more "snack" food so I am not tempted to partake in foods that people bring and leave in the break room. I also want to try new fruits as well that I have yet to try and eat more of the stuff I like but don't eat as much. I need to bring in some more variety. Otherwise I'm going to become the college student that ate Raman Noodles for 4 straight years and never wants to see another package again in his life.

Comments

• My raw goal leading up to the new year was to get a juicer and a dehydrator. I got my juicer last week, and my dehydrator is coming in the mail sometime next week. My goal for the new year is to use both of these as much as possible!! :)

Good luck with your goals!

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

My goals will be..

~To make some raw friends. That might wonder about me or miss me if I'm gone for awhile too.

~To learn to make peace with those who dont understand or even criticize my choices because they dont want to get out of their sad rut. I guess that means try harder not to judge them, after all I was in their shoes not very long ago.

~And last resolve eating out w/ family and friends. I really dont even enjoy it sometimes. Seems like a huge waste of money and mostly grosses me out. (oh, for a Cafe Gratitude close by, lol)

Blessed New Year to all!!!

• - frequent fasts for health

- getting a new bike

- paying rent

oh and a green smoothie fast for 30 days starts today.

i'm loving life!!!

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Was also just recently inspired to get more greens into my diet. I currently usually only have a large salad for lunch, so want to try to get in a green smoothie in every day as well. But here is my bulleted list, the above is hard to read through.

- Create more "meals" actually raw dinners, now just snacks

- At least 2-3 raw "meals" a week. In addition to daily breakfast smoothie and lunch salad.

- always have raw snacks on hand so I'm not tempted to eat unhealthy snacks

- two batches of greens a day. Salad and Smoothie

- Get more creative in what I am making so I don't get bored

- Do more research about health and well being

- Cure some chronic pain I have been having

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i want to juice more too. i want to work up to one day a week juicing but i am not ready for it yet. i would like to have 2 green smoothies a day instead of just one.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Hey Caleb, one way to keep up the enthusiasm is to become a regular at a farmers' market (check localharvest.org for one nearby). It's always fun for us to shop for food for the week based on what's in season. Now that we've been buying our produce at the FM for a few years, we do little happy dances when our favorite foods are back, and when we know something is available for a limited time, we make a point of eating a ton of it before it disappears.

P.S. Yes, we are dorks.