Alert Food Transportation moved these to "Raw on the Road" thread please post replies there thanks

Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I just passed a refrigerated truck that had hazmat warning all over it. flammable, corrosive signs. this is a truck that could also be used for food.

the signs were duct taped on.

This is yet another reason for us to be growing our own food and also more active in finding out where our food is actually coming from.

The transportation companies are finding it harder to find loads for their drivers and in doing so could be against the best interest of the consumer.

I do know for a fact that they use refer trucks to haul non food items when loads are scarce. My husband has hauled cotton for his company and who knows what else the other drivers have. I do not know what they do to cotton in the fields so remember that has been in the same trucks and also yes they do wash them out but the wash out companies do it rather fast job so i am not sure what they use in their spray.

That was a scarry thing for me to see on the side of a refer truck and I believe you all have the right to know what is going on out here.

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Wow, I had no idea they could use refrigerated trucks intended for food transportation to haul such materials. I wonder if there is something we should do if we notice such inconsistencies when we see them. Record company name and trailer number? Report it to who? Surely there must be an agency that monitors this kind of activity. Thanks Blue Eyes for the heads up. I may retire early just so I can move and start my organic garden.

By the way, we haven't heard from you lately about your "on the road" experiences with your DH. How's it going? What accommodations are working well for staying raw and on the road? How 'bout an update, maybe posted on your "Raw on the Road" thread, so all the on the road suggestions stay together in one place.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Thanks, I will try to update that soon.

My husband is required to have the trailer "washed out" after hauling certain things but not real sure how much good that really does, like i said they do it really fast.

We do not own our truck so we do what we are told to get. so far nothing like that has come up except the cotton and some paper.

We have hauled chicken and then had it washed out before we could load anything else but then the wash out companies have policies that they wont wash out blood. so i hope the chicken was frozen when it went in I know it was when we were hauling it because we set the refer.

I will try to find out what the policies are for our company on such matters but I may not be able to.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

is there a way to move this thread into the raw on the road????

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Not that I am aware of. It is possible to move a whole thread into another Forum category. Here's what I would do if it were me:

Put and "edit" comment at the top of the opening comments in this thread in bold. Refer to the "Raw on the Road" thread and provide the URL. Suggest that future replies appear in that thread, and this thread be allowed to go dormant.

Copy your original post and your and my comments from panes #1 and #2. Paste them as one reply into "Raw on the Road" with a comment at the top that references where they came from. Add your name and mine at the appropriate spots so people will know who said what and when. This will get all the information under one thread.

Hope this makes sense. I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish the same effect. This is just what comes to mind at the moment. Feel free to email me if you like the suggestion and need clarification on the "how-tos".

Brenda