Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

30 day all raw chalenge

aimeeaimee Raw Newbie

Ok guys, wish me luck. As of tomorrow I am embarking on my first all raw adventure. I'm extremly nervous, but also excited. I'm afraid of failing, but I'm so anxcious to see the good results. My big hang up is giving up coffee. that goes down real deep, gosh I'm a nurse. Nurses drink coffee.

Today I've been drinking lots of coffee and eating up all the stuff in the fridge.

In preparation I've also made up some crackers and 2 pates. And we bought lots of fruit and vegis. My hubby is going to do this with me and our kids just have to cope. Hubby has been drinking green smoothies the last couple of days already. We have to myke them out of green powder, because we can't get fresh greens on reliable basis here.

Plaese be thinking of me, i need your support.

Comments

• Best of luck to you!

There are a lot of good ideas out there for giving up coffee. It was very hard for me too but I'm so glad I did!

• i gave up coca cola, my all time favorite drink. i didn't think I could ever do it, but it happened. i don't really know how to explain it, but one day I was just like "I'm done." and that was it. Your body responds wonderfully to the change too. The caffeine addiction sucked!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I cut out coffee slowly, mainly by going to part regular and decaf first...then decaf and then simply didn't drink it much. After so many years drinking coffee I'm still amazed I have it so out of my system that now I can actually feel it when I do have a cup or so(usually only when I have bad headache or REALLY need it).

I do drink a lot of tea, but all herbal and most have added health/medical benefits.

There is something called Teechino you can buy to replace coffee, it doesn't taste exactly like coffee but is a good hot drink(makes a good chai type drink).

Good luck, it's great your husband is in on this with you!

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

All the best to you! My suggestion? Just give up coffee or any other addictions cold turnip (turkey). The first couple of days you may experience headaches, but after that you're free. If you reduce your consumption or wean, you leave the door wide open to continue that addiction. Even if you have to take something for the pain, cold turnip is lot easier in the long run.

Oh, and drink a lot of water, helps flush the toxins out so you feel better quicker.

• Aimee, I'll do a 30 day 100% raw challenge with you. Let me know if that's alright with you. I'll post what I eat every day and maybe you and your husband can post what you eat.

Remember, when you crave something not raw and you give in it's just the equivalent of a quick fix. Come the next day or two it'll be back knocking at your door with increased strength. It'll grow from strength to strength with each 'fix'. Fight it off and it'll get weaker with each denial. That's what worked for me.

Be clear in your mind why you're going all raw. It'll help when the cravings come. You can also tell yourself "it's only 30 days".

Plus there are wonderful people here to give us support.

BTW if there's anyone else, feel free to jump in.

Good Luck Aimee!

I'm pumped!!! Let's do this!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

just FYI, bunny berry has a 100 day raw challenge starting jan 1st. www.rawfu.com

• That's great! A couple of my friends and I are doing the same thing starting tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you all.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I'm in. I think my husband and I will be doing a master cleanse beginning Friday... i do mine with raw agave (I know the controversy...) instead of the Maple. I really need to "jumpstart" things again. I'll either do the master cleanse or the diva detox... not sure which one yet. I'll try to check back here daily... good luck to you!

• I had asked Aimee if it was ok to join in the challenge but she didn't reply, and as I don't want to hijack this thread I signed up for another raw challenge on a different website. Good luck guys.

• aimeeaimee Raw Newbie

Thanks for all your support. Sorry that I'm responding late, i had to work the early shift today and then passed out on the sofa. My beginning is kind of bumby. Before I left for work I drank a bluberry- green smoothie and had some crackers and pates with me. For our New Years Eve invitation I had made vegitarien Taco salad and there was so much left over. I can't just throw it away, so my husband and I made the decision to finish it first. Due to the fact that I hadn't slept much and probably had some vodka left in my blood, I was very vulnerable this morning at work.

I guess this will be more difficult then I thought with the logistics. Tomorrow I'll have more time to prepare for work since I work from 12 to 8. Workplace is hard, because people always bring cake, candy an donuts; or order pizza. The little time we have between you just stuf it down and it feels good, for a second.

I'll get better at this and in the end I will succeed.