Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anti-fungal

teadeteade Raw Newbie

So, I have these little blotches on my abdomen of light brownish color. They get a little pink around the edges if irritated and itchy only occasionally.

My mother suggested that it might be a fungal skin issue.

I tested myself with the spit test for candida and according to that, I don't have candida.

My diet is pretty decent, I don't eat much refined sugar at all. I use stevia and bananas.

I've been using a tanactine lotion on my skin twice a day,

but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with mild skin problems like this and if they know of any herbal ways of successfuling getting rid of it.

I think I'm going to try Tea Tree Oil, but I was hoping for some other suggestions, and applications.

Thanks.

Comments

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I know that coconut oil is antifungal, so that may help and it makes your skin feel really good too!

• Organic Apple Cider Vinegar can be used topically.

Borax is great for fungus..

Do check earthclinic.com for more info on the use.

There is also a cream for babyrash that seems to work wonders, I forget the name, balmex?? I.m sure you'll come across it on earthclinic.

Good luck, let us know what works for you.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Grapefruit Seed Extract. Works on almost everything. Google it and read up. You will be amazed.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

I have both coconut oil and acv in stock...

I'll definitely check out the grapefruit seed extract and Borax.

They sound very interesting!

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Oh yea, and does anyone know what foods besides sugar I should avoid?... Like mushrooms or something like that?

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I second the coconut oil. I had a few spots of really bad excema for years that no Dr's medicines helped.

Last winter I started making a scrub of coconut oil and brown sugar and a few weeks later realized all those problems spots were gone and have never come back.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Okay, I bought some grapefruit seed extract from the store ($12)

I was wondering if I should apply this diluted or full strength?... It says to avoid contact with eye and sensitive skin..

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

You only want to apply it topically if properly diluted because it is VERY strong. I would put 12 drops in 4 ounces (1/2 cup) and put it in a squirt bottle or something. It will keep for at least 2 weeks and suspect indefinitely. GSE is a preservative but sometimes water in a container at room temperature can go bad so it is best to hedge your bet. Apply it 2-3 times daily.

It also wouldn't hurt to take it internally at the same time. Kill it off from both sides. I have never known anyone to have an adverse reaction to GSE, assuming they aren't allergic to citrus. Put 12 drops in a small glass of water and take twice daily. It is really bitter so if the taste is too much for you put it in some kind of juice, like orange juice.

I hope this works for you. If it is a fungus, this should do it in. Good Luck.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Just wanted to update.

I've been using the Grapefruit seed extract and some tanactin on the 'fungus?' and its started to fade, I believe...

Once the tanactin is gone, I'm going to continue with only GSE, tea tree oil, and the ACV.

It's only been 2 weeks with the tanactin and like 4 days with the GSE. I've seen the most results in these past 4 days.. so.... I'm going to give it another 2 weeks to see if any of it gets much better....

Then I'll see a doctor (hopefully, if I get insurance) lol.

Thanks everyone!

• How is it going now?

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Well, I stopped using the topical cream and am only applying the GSE and the tea tree oil... it appears to be fading VERY slowly.

I figure the skin takes a good month to renew itself.

I get insurance again in March, so if it isn't almost gone by then, I might schedule an appointing....

I don't know... I just want to stop it. I've had it, I know, since 2006... but it was just a dot then... its grown and spread... so I'm pretty sure it is a fungus...

I'll definitely keep updating!

thanks everyone.

• leahcelesteleahceleste Raw Newbie

Kinda sounds like ringworm. I had this in the past and so did my boyfriend and it is hard to get rid of!!!!!! We both tried over the counter and prescription creams and in the end it still came back, sometimes on another area of the body, ugggg. So I would say don't use those creams they are only fixing the symptom not the real problem. For us it took putting angstrom silver (like colloidal silver) on the patches of skin twice a day and taking alot of olive leaf extract pills from Premier Research labs. Mine disappeared sometime after we went raw but my boyfriend still had it after 2 years on raw so that is when we tried the silver and olive leaf treatment and it worked, no more patches for him, yeah!!

That treatment probably lasted a month before it really disappeared.

All a doc can really tell you is that it is fungal and maybe what kind but after that they will just give you creams and drugs that you really don't want. Keep trying the holistic approach. Do you drink green juice? We have found that drinking green juice everyday for weeks at a time really kills off extra yeasts and fungus that are in our body, give it a try also.