Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

indian cuisine-raw food style

hate to bother ya'll again lol

but i always loved indian veggie cuisine. does anyone have raw versions oforthings like biriyani, pulav, or dal?

please and thank u =)

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Indian and Thai foods are my favorite. I need that spicy food.

I don't have those recipes but let me direct you to Rishi's Raw Lifestyle site at http://roshis.com/. Look on the lower left side of the site for Indian Recipes.

It is run by two Indian brothers who come up with their own raw version of recipes. They seem to love what they are doing. I would send them an email and request a recipe. They may try to whip one up for you.

• i didn't know about this. thank you

if they have a recipe for biriyani, i am sold lol

raw food has really helped me in terms of health, but the hardest thing is adapting cooked recipes to raw

my dad is moroccan and i still have yet to find a raw version of couscous =(

thanks for ur help meditating =)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

There are a number of Indian recipes on this site, some by Roshi, as well as some raw couscous recipes and one for chickpea dal. Try an Advanced Search for Recipes. Click here and check panes #2 and #3 if you need some tips on using the search features. Also, there is an Indian recipe tag. From the homepage click on the word "more" at the bottom of the recipe tags (top right corner of the homepage). Then click on the word "indian".

Gone Raw has some very creative members. You could post a thread with a nonraw recipe or two and ask for suggestions on how to make them raw. Once you have the recipes like you like them, you can post them to the recipe section and help expand the Indian selections here on Gone Raw. There's not a Moroccan tag, so maybe you will be the first to post a recipe and create that label as well.

Nadia, don't ever feel like you ar "bothering" anyone with your questions. The beauty of the Gone Raw community is that people are willing to share their knowledge and experiences. Ask away.

When I find a raw recipe that is intended to mimic a cooked dish, I may like the end result but it is usually disappointing when compared to the original dish.

Here is a coucou recipe made from broccoflower, which you could probably substitute with cauliflower to make it look more like the original dish:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/2139/broccoflower-couscous.html

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Can anyone tell me what the cleanest cooked pakistani/indian food is in a restaurant?

I have dinner plans with an old friend and don't feel like getting into the raw thing with him...

• so i tried the couscous recipe.....ehhhhh lol

it just didn't taste the same =(

the cauliflower i used made it look like couscous, but as far as taste nope

thank u for ur help though meditating =)

r u girl or boy lol

Female. Yes, often they don't taste the same.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

lol i don't think there is anything clean in indian cuisine...the food is always loaded with oil. but it's a shame because it's the thing I miss the most. Naan bread, saffron rice, potatoes, man, but it's real toxic.

• How old were you when you went raw, RawKidChef?

I suspect that many indian dishes contain some form of dairy, like butter. The last time I ate it (after being vegan a year) I ended up next to the toilet all night.

• well thanx for crushing my hopes rawkidchef lol ehehehe

• Can I sneak an Indian food recipe question in here too? I've been searching for raw veggie manchurian recipes to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could make those yummy appetizers raw? Thanks!

• of course u can and when u find out let me know