dizzy dancing way I feel! related to juicing?

Hi all,

Although I am not 100% raw (yet;-), I am vegan and eat raw as much as possible. I thought juicing would be a good way to incorporate more raw foods into my diet, but I'm wondering why I'm not feeling well after having the juice. For example, I made a cabbage cleanse juice (1 apple, 2 carrots, half head of cabbage), and drank a one cup serving. The problem is that I feel really lightheaded after drinking the juice, quite sick...dizzy, almost like a sugar rush. I'm not sure if this is due to the natural sugars, the shot of vitamins into my blood stream or what! I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences to this, because I would really love to keep juicing, but don't want to feel this way. If anyone has any tips, that would be great:-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Also, I thought I would mention: this feeling doesn't last like a sugar rush, it lasts for quite some time-more than a few hours. A very 'high' feeling, blissed out, spacey. I hope this question doesn't seem weird:-)

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

For juices I usually just drink 1/2 a cup, and I have heard that you can dilute it with water. So instead of having one whole cup, try cutting it in half and add water. See it that will help.

• I have had a similiar experience to this. I have only added cabbage to my juice a few times, but every time I have become very ill and thrown up. I am interested to see if anyone can offer some insight into why this would happen!

• I think we are on to something here:-) haha I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! I'm going to try experimenting with different foods and juices and see whats what. I'm fairly sensitive when it comes to certain foods and such, so maybe it is a personal factor.

• Cabbage is a hard one for me too. I've tried it a couple of times because it's supposed to be so good for you, but I felt sick afterwards and had terrible gas. So I just don't use it anymore.