Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Prodigal Returns....Hi everyone, can I come back?

Hey everybody, I've been gone for months. I'm sorry I haven't been here. Between the cold weather, the holidays, and most of all, a massive, awful, terrible, re-breakup and subsequent related incredibly traumatic events between my ex-fiance and I, I fell so far off the wagon. Not only of raw, but of health matters of all sorts, physical and emotional. I want to get back on the wagon, even if it's only slowly and a bit to start off with. I'm out my dehydrator now, had to sell a bunch of my stuff. :( But I didn't use it a ton anyway. I'm just so damn poor. I'm turning 27 next week and stuck at my mother's, with no prospects, and trying to get back up to NYC or the north in general, and just get my life going and be happy. I've been eating awful processed crap, and I feel like crap as a result. I didn't realize quite how amazing I felt even eating only about 80% raw vegan til I stopped.

I need some inspiration. I mean the logic, all the academic reasons are there. I know. I just need some help getting back on the raw vegan wagon.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are having a great new year. *hugs*

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

For inspiration I watch 'The Secret' or 'Bashar' videos on youtube. Also 'Arnold's Way' videos are really good for raw stuff. Sorry about your troubles. I am sure many better things are in store for you in your future. Everything we REALLY need we have when we come into the world, and that's the same as when we go out. I think your journey will look brighter to you soon.

Good luck!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Welcome back Branwyn! I'm sorry to hear that you've faced some tough challenges. But challenges faced head-on always seem to make us stronger in the end. You have within you what it will take to get back where you want to be . . . physically and emotionally. I think the most important thing will be to take it slow . . . one day at a time, hurdle by hurdle. When you stumble (and we all do), just get up and start again. Don't judge yourself harshly. Celebrate each success, no matter how small. Use your art as an emotional outlet. Again, welcome back, and best of luck on your journey.

PS: The site has changed a lot since the upgrades. Lots of new features to explore. I notice you're using a new account (no 32). If you need help accessing your old account, check this thread. There's also a link on there for some tips and hints on using the new features.

• Welcome back Branwyn!

I fell off the wagon this past Autumn as well due to some upsetting events and turns life took. Had to pull myself back on again and it was worth it. Look inside yourself and know that feeling better and healing emotionally and physically are within your grasp.

Best of luck to you.

• I feel your pain..living in the ATL and being from New England. It will always be home (NE that is). I don't get on here all that much anymore. I think after 3 years of being raw in all forms, high raw, junk raw, lower raw, macrobiotic very briefly and then right back to high raw--I do get tired of repeat questions and similar recipes. I stick to my books now with a few GR recipes i love. I find in order to be most successful with raw, i need to change the focus so it is off food. Last month i joined a new gym and once the focus became about just working out much harder, i found i was not eating much cooked food at all. It doesn't have to be the gym, but maybe focusing on your spiritual side--just breaking old habits that you don't like by substituting something totally new. The only time of day i wanted cooked food was between 3-5pm. Now i leave the house everyday at that time and do something physical.

It is always good to see familiar faces back.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Branwyn~ So nice to see your beautiful face again, welcome back!!!

I too have walked in those tight fitting shoes and it takes time to remove them, just remember they do come off!!! Tread gently through the day and be good to yourself and your Mom as she too is going through this with you... Never forget, a mother cries hardest when her child is suffering, usually more than the child... Raw Huggs to you both!!!

• Branwyn - Good to see you! Just start eating raw and how you feel will motivate you!

• Branwyn-

I grew up in Atlanta and moved out to Seattle about 6 years ago. I'd go back every 6 months for the first few years and recognized after about the 3rd trip that I just sink into an immediate depression as soon as I'm back in the Atlanta area. I don't know what it is, but I still go back fairly regulary (every couple months recently to help care for my aging grandmother) and I have to make a conscious effort to not let Atlanta suck my mood into a giant sink hole.

I can't imagine having to go back without a return flight back to Seattle- it would just be too depressing. So I can definitely feel for your having fallen off the wagon- it's pretty hard not to with the Atlanta culture. Honestly, if I had gone through everything you went through, I'd probably throw my diet out the window for a while and focus my finances on getting back to Seattle (or NYC in your case) cause no matter what I was eating I would be depressed in Atlanta. Anyways, I feel for you, and hope you can re-find your balance soon :)

• Branwyn,

I am glad you are back! I am sorry to hear about the troubles! Hey, I just bought an Excalibur dehydrator from the thrift store for $5. It is an older 5 try, but works fine. I was gonna sell it on ebay...(kinda broke, too!:) but I would like to give it to you, if you want it. (If so, Let me know where you want it sent and I'll send it!)

Love-Kirsten

Eat light, travel light, spread the light, be the light!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Glad to see your lovely face again. Mind a suggestion from a great granny? Love yourself. Stand or sit in front of a mirror and say ................ I love you. Your life will still go on and if you truly love you, it will even get better and better. Remember man does not make what a woman is, he only fill a need.

• Wow, thank you all for all your incredibly kind words and support! I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate it. I'm at work at the moment so I apologize if this is brief and I don't get to address each of you, but please know how grateful I am to each of you for your amazing energy, and will say more this evening when I get home.

A quick note to *KathrynL* ...I totally understand. Atlanta really brings me down, and I can't get out of here fast enough. I dunno that NYC is the right place for me anymore, I didn't like the frantic pace and pressure and being so far from nature...but that part of the country is more homey to me, and I have many good friends there that are like family. I actually really though about moving to Seattle...I have one NYC friend that moved out there, and when I visited her last spring I LOVED it. She might be moving back east though, and I'm wary of living in a city 3000 miles away from anyone I know. I loved the energy of Seattle though...I just wish it were closer to New England!

*KIRSTEN* OMG! Are you serious?!?! Really?! That would be AMAZING! You have no idea how grateful I would be! I would gladly pay you for shipping and give you some money towards the dehydrator. You have no idea what an amazing help that would be! Your kindness and generosity is inspiring. I can't figure out if we can send private messages on this new forum, but you can email me at raiynn32 at yahoo dot com. Email me your address so I can send you a few dollars and I will email you mine. Thank you so, so so soooo much! Massive hugs and love and light and blessings to you!

*beany beegan* Thank you. I needed to hear that. It's a lesson I've always struggled with, never having really loved myself at all. It seems some of the simplest of life's lessons are often the hardest, and the most important, and timeless. Thank you. I will do my best to learn to love myself.

Thank you all again so very much, I will post more later. Blessed be and love and light to you all!