Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Pregnancy resources

I have done searches on this site and find questions related to pregnancy, but I am looking for additional links/resources. I am in the very early stages of pregnancy and interested in approaching this pregnancy with more raw mindset than my last, where I followed mainstream SAD, gained a ton of weight and had breast-feeding issues. I am optimistic about approaching it and looking to compile more resources. I found the link on Jinjee, but otherwise have not found much. Does anyone know of any other resources? Hopefully this link could one day assist others who are pregnant and seeking similar resources.

Comments

• green girlgreen girl Raw Newbie

I too am beginning my first raw pregnancy. This is my third pregnancy, but the first were before I went raw. I had pre-eclampsia with both of them and trouble beast feeding them due to digestive problems. I am hoping that being raw and having such a nutrient dense diet I can avoid both of these things, but only time will tell. Pre-eclampsia shows up at about 30 weeks and I am only 10 weeks now. Are you a member of Give it to me raw? This website seems to have more moms-to-be asking questions and sharing experiences. The link is http://www.giveittomeraw.com/

Good Luck and Take Care!

• I am planning a pregnancy, and I hope it will be as close to 100% raw as possible. So I would also love some links, and I will of course contribute with any links that I run into.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

I completed a raw pregnancy 6 months ago. U can get some info f rom Jingee and storm on raw vegan pregnancy at thegardendiet.com and from there u can get other links

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

My daughter is now 5 months old, and I had a raw pregnancy. Jinjee and Storm are good resources, as others have mentioned. Also, Shazzie has some info. on her site http://www.shazzie.com/ . As far as books on raising raw children, Gabriel Cousen's Rainbow Live Food Cuisine has an entire chapter on how to start with raw foods from the first bite your baby takes. I have found it very useful.

I think that books are great, as well as info. on websites, but nothing beats getting the info. from someone who has done it. So, I propose that we use this forum as a way to collect that information for present and future raw mamas-to-be.

So, as a start, I am happy to answer any questions that anyone has. Other raw mamas, I'm sure will extend the same offer!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

While searching on another topic I found a few threads that address family issues. It seemed a shame to just let them go by and not share here. My two pregnancies (30+ years ago) are among the happiest "seasons" of my life. I look forward to reading about your "seasons".

Back, Raw & Pregnant

Help me Help my Children go Raw!!

Menu Ideas for Children

Pregnant and Raw?

Raw Babies

Raw for Toddler

Raw Pregnancy

Raw Toddlers

Seeking Raw Pregnant Mothers

What Do Your Kids Eat for Dinner?

Some of these threads have links that might prove useful. I didn't take the time to read everything and check out all the links. Perhaps someone else will preview the links and add some of them to this thread.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Vit. D 3 pregnancy

I thought you may like to know, for the past 2 weeks www.hacres.com / Health Tips, has had information about vit. D 3 and vaccinations during pregnancy and right after. This is very important for any one who wants a child or is pregnant already.

Spiritedmama - ar eu still eating raw? my son is 6 months old now and i was raw for 2 years before and during my pregnancy, Also still raw while nursing. let me get to the point - i've been eating raw while nursing but im not feeling so well - i've started to eat a slight amount of cooked food ( for whatever reason i feel i need cooked food) and then started eating a small amount of eggs( shazzie talks about feeding evie eggs) and i've started feeling slightly better , yet then after i get the cooked food sleeps. where are you at right now with raw and nursing?

I am still raw and nursing. I have been "craving" alot more nuts now though than I ever have on raw. I think it has to do with needing higher fats for milk production. I have actually gone the opposite than you...it seems my body is refining itself more and more. I am finding that I can no longer tolerate onions, and yesterday I had a reaction to raw cacao, which has NEVER happened to me before. I seems like my body is trying to become more and more raw. I should preface this though that this only started to happen since New Year's when I got food poisoning from eating a bad mushroom. I ended up going to a naturopath who gave me "Paragone" to relieve the food poisoning, and when I recovered, I have wanted nothing but raw.

Prior to that, I had had a few eggs, and some occasional brown rice or beans. At that point, I was about 75%-80% raw.

I think I am rambling, but I hope it helps!

paragone huh? i wonder if that would help me to shoot back towards raw. i crave fatty raw foods too...... i had tried to decrease my fats but then my milk decreased so..... back to fats i went.

What i have started doing was geting a few colonic which has helped me to feel better but then im also dabling in cooked food so whats really making me feel better.?.

I can say though that a egg in my salad twice a week makes a world of difference for me, maybe its a calorie thing, when im high high raw i dont eat as much unless it's fruit all day,but with a small amount of cooked food im able to get more calories...

now im rambling:)

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Can pregnant women take probiotics? I have a friend who just took 3 courses of antibiotics for her UITs! Sorta worried she has NO good bacteria in her gut. And I know if I give her a gift of it with cranberry juice she will trust me and take it. So I must be responsible!

Yes, pregnant women can take probiotics. A good, simple one is grapefruit seed extract. One "dose" a day drunk with a little water. It is amazing for easing the nausea of morning sickness.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

emtpdmom - Thank you for posting all of those links! I moved most of those into the family forum as I believe they were posted before this existed!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

My pleasure. Good to "see" you. Hope all is going well.