Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cycle Beads Easy Birth Control Method

I have been using Cycle Beads for a few months now....after getting off the pill. Anyone use them?

It's an all natural, super simple method...as long as your cycle is 28-32 days.

www.Cyclebeads.com

Comments

• I have been wanting to get off birth control for a while now, and these look pretty cool, but I feel like I would still be so paranoid about getting pregnant. How long after you got off the pill did you start using these? Do you ever worry about pregnancy with these? Thanks for sharing!

• I stopped the pill in November and yes I am still paranoid. But I believe in the cycle beads. They use them in some third world countries by the way. There is a more expensive method that is a computer, which takes your temp.

http://www.naturalcontraceptions.com/index.php

This computer is based on the same studies as the cycle beads... That most women are on a 28-32 day cycle and they can only become pregnant on certain days. I wish I could afford the computer but for now cycle beads....which can be even cheaper if you make them yourself.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

2 people using this method that i know have gotten pregnant. including me. it's not good enough. our cycles vary sometimes.

• Zinfandel...Did you use them perfectly?

I was talking about charting temperature to find when one was ovulating... Which I did do "perfectly"

• I am talking about cycle beads....not charting temps. It is all about THE STANDARD DAYS METHOD.

When used perfectly according to my previous oral contraceptive packet info sheet

The Pill has a 1% failure rate=about 99% chance of not becoming pregnant

Male Condoms have a 14% failure rate = about 86% chance of not becoming pregnant

According to cyclebeads.com :

The Institute's research found that when used correctly, the Standard Days Method is more than 95% effective in helping women avoid pregnancy.

The Standard Days Method works best for women who have regular menstrual cycles between 26 and 32 days long. Days 8 through 19 of their cycles are the days these women are likely to get pregnant if they have unprotected intercourse. On other days of their cycles, pregnancy is very unlikely....

And then http://www.naturalcontraceptions.com/index.php

99.3% reliable.

I urge everyone to do the research to make the best decision for oneself. There are so many stories people have and everyone is different. We all are doing the best we can...whether it be "the pill" or natural methods. Research The Standard Days Method.

• I posted this on another stream, but I am telling you that the best form of birth control is called Fertility Awareness Method. No matter when you got off the pill, no matter how long your cycles are or if you are having an irregular cycle, you can KNOW with almost certainty if you are in a fertile (or 'cautious') part of your cycle if you check your cervical fluids and take your temperature every day.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is what I follow. The beads DO work if you are super regular. But thats not me! And I, too amd getting off of the pill.

This book and method have empowered me and my sexual health, I hope it can do the same for others.

• PLEASE EXCUSE MY TYPO....in the very first comment. It is indeed a 26-32 day cycle for The Standard Days Method....(I guess I'm used to my 28 day cycle.) Thank you!

• Thanks court4short! I am excited to research this Fertility Awareness Method...is it the based on The Standard Days Method?

And, where did you start another stream?

Thanks so much for your imput! exciting...something new to learn :)

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

For the record, male condoms have closer to a 2% pregnancy failure rate when they're used correctly.

Use protection if you don't want to get pregnant. It's very risky to do otherwise. I'm just warning you...

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Welcome, Dusty. Since this is your first post it comes across as spammy.

I sense some antagonism toward Zinfandel from you. However, her point was well made about "not good enough" if 5 of 100 people using it will get pregnant. That's just not reliable enough in my book either. You can "believe in" beads or fairies or whatever you want, at the end of the day, faith doesn't prevent pregnancy.

By the way, if you just stopped the pill in November your cycle may not be back to normal. You may not even be ovulating again yet.