Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mucus Causing Foods

rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

What foods (raw and nonraw) are mucus forming?

Im trying to really cleance at the safest way i can while nursing. I've started to get some colonics and i purchesed Okra Pepsin E3 to digest and breakdown the mucuc lining my small intestins.

there are a few supplement i want to buy but i dont want to waste my money so im trying to clean up well so i'll upsorbe(did i spell that right) well.

and i wanna try to eat as little mucucscausing foods as possible.......

Comments

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I can understand wanting to break up mucus in the respiratory tracts, but why digestive? Unless you have alot for some reason, in your GI the mucus is there to protect stomach and intestines from the digestive juices. I am curious I guess, I have never heard of this before

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

It s a supplement called Okra Pepsin E3 by standard process and the okra(very slimmy when raw) digest the mucus that lines the wall of your small int. over time of eat lots of mucus forming foods there can buld up a plastic like covering over the villi in your small int. which will hinder absorbsion - therefore you arent getting your full source of nutrients and will crave more and more food- in some case protien.

im exp. an unsatisfaction after meals and am always hungry. im not trying to completely due away will all mucus cause foods just wanting to clean up so i'll absorb better :)

• When I was at the Tummy Temple the other day I was reading a little book about the colon and how grains are super mucous forming. I don't know if you eat raw grains, but you could try to avoid those for a while.

• leahcelesteleahceleste Raw Newbie

Cashews are super mucous forming, avoid!

Grapefruit is great at breaking up mucous though and I have sinus congestion when I eat the wrong foods and grapefruit helps. Also I've noticed that taking whole food vitamin C helps alot, I take the one made by the company that makes Pure Synergy, another great product that really helps with everything. Do you take green powders? I highly recommend them, they help with controlling your appetite too. Natalia Rose in her book talks about nutrition for breast feeding and she said she needed to eat tons of greens while breast feeding. She would eat them raw, steamed and in green juice to get lots in every day.

Dairy and gluten are also very mucous forming.

• I've read that when nursing women need like 600 calories more than normal to sustain themselves and their baby. Do you have more information about this? Maybe you are simply not getting enough calories and this is causing you to feel more hungry than usual?

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

This page says that all unsprouted nuts and seeds contain mucous-forming enzyme inhibitors necessitating soaking to deactivate these enzymes. http://www.simplyraw.ca/livingfoods.php

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

Thanx everyone. yea at one point i know i wasnt eating enough calories, believe it or not when im 100% raw i dont eat alot bacause im hardly hungry, so i've started eating a small amount of cooked food. Yes i do get alot of green, i drink green smoothie and juice everyday.

have any one u tried that new Re-Vita-phi???

thinking of getting it, wanna know ppls opinions on it.