Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Carob Powder.

What do you think about carob powder? Do you like it/dislike it? Do you like it better than cocoa? Can it be used to make drinks?

Thanks.

Comments

• I do enjoy carob, but do not think that it should ever be compared/substituted for cocoa. Carob is an entirely different substance than cocoa, and therefore has an entirely different taste, sensation, and feel on your body. With carob I do not experience the buzz or energy spike that I sometimes get with cocoa. Likewise carob is not as heavy and does not give me the sluggish feeling I sometimes get with cocoa overdose. Carob does not work for period or emotional induced craving. It is delicious, however. Really it depends on my mood, which I prefer. Try it out, and see what you can do with it. And yes, you can make drinks with it!

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

Personally, I can no longer handle the effects of cocoa. It has a really intense effect on my body. I find that carob satisfies my desire for chocolate. I often just mix a spoonful of carob powder into a cup of hempmilk or nutmilk. I pretty much substitute carob for cocoa in all recipes, and I think it works out just fine. I have used it in raw brownies, and for me, it works perfectly. In fact, raw brownies made with cocoa taste too rich to me now.

• Does it taste good when mixed, in equal parts, with cocoa to make a drink (I'm planning to make it using almond milk)?

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

Raw carob is also cheaper than cocoa. Sometimes I get it, and add some to my smoothies.

• I recieved my order of carob powder and thought it was delicious. I ate it without anything else added to it and made some recipes. My mom tried it and thought it was repulsive. It must be aquired taste. Anyways, I never really loved chocolate like most people seem to. It doesn't uplift my emotions or apetite in any particular way. I mainly only like chocolate because it is sweet, so my like of sugar probably translates to not having preference for one over the other. I just seem to like all sugary desserts equally.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

I like carob much more than cacao. Cacao gets me kind of jittery and i think its kind of addictive. Carob has that chocolatey taste, is cheaper and lower in fat too. Get it raw off of sunfoods- its pretty darn awesome. Makes spectacular brownies too, fyi.