Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

weird stomach pains and fatigue

Hi,

I've been mostly 100%raw for 1 year and a half, and a major fan of goneraw for almost as long, however (and I know this makes me seem like a technology retard), I have only recently figured out how to join. Before it kept not working.

Anyhow, I had some questions for all those raw geniuses out there on goneraw. I have for many years suffered from extreme stomach pains, nausea, headaches, etc.

Since being raw, I feel a lot better overall, (and my headaches have practically disappeared) however I suffer from sharp pains in the center of my abdomen, just above the navel. It fells like a knife is routinely stabbing me in that area. The frequency of these pains varies from every day for several hours to not at all for as long as a month. They are extremely painful though, and do worry me .

Also, I find that I am almost always tired. I make sure to get enough sleep (9-10 hours most nights) but to no avail. My brain constantly feels foggy and I all I want is to curl up and sleep.

I am a little worried, thinking maybe I am missing something the way I am eating, although I know raw is super good for you.

If anyone has any advice to offer, or just their own experiences, I would hugely appreciate it.

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

First of all - we need to know what you eat. Go into detail.

Second, do you do colon hydrotherapy? Elimination is key to keeping your system healthy.

• Breakfast: a big fruit salad consisting of an apple, orange, banana, kiwi, some mango, some pineapple, and some berries, with a cup of walnut milk (walnuts, water, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla).

Lunch: varies depending on if I am at home or at school. Often a green shake consisting of water, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, juice of 1 orange, 1/2 banana, mixed frozen berries, and mixed salad greens.

Dinner: Also varies, sometimes a large kale salad (massaged kale with chopped tomatoes and a dressing of blended garlic, scallion, parsley. tahini, lemon juice, ACV, nama shoyu), sometimes a lettuce wrap with tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and a spicy mixture of mushrooms and bell peppers).

No I don't do colon hydrotherapy, (not actually sure what it is) although I usually don't have any trouble with elimination.

Also, I've read that it is fairly common, but I get stabbing pains in my breasts, although only ever one at a time.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my cycle though.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

the area on your body you're describing is right where your intestines are. i've had many intestinal problems, but it's usually below my navel.

ever since i started doing an enema once a month, i haven't had nearly as many tummy troubles.

maybe it's a food allergy?? try writing down when you have these problems and think about what food you ate before you had it.

• Well, you eat too much fat. Between the milk, the hempseeds, and the avocado for dinner. Especially a year of this mimickry of the sad (in fat terms), I think this could explain many of the problems you have.

eat more fruit, eat less fat. follow up the fruit with greens and you will be filled and properly fueled.

• i don't know. a cup of walnut milk and some hemp seeds does not seem like a lot of fat to me. the avocado is only "sometimes" even. i can't imagine that token amount of fat would cause all that weird pain. then again, every body is different.

i would definitely look into some colon/liver/gallbladder cleanses. even if you are regular, there are years of sad diet food still in there that could be causing problems.

if it's extremely painful and worrisome, i would go to a doctor just to make sure nothing really serious is going on. definitely if the symptoms continue severely after a few cleanses.

• I don't think I am having too much fat. By avocado I mean about a tablespoon, and I can't imagine that being too much. Also, I find if I have any less, my cravings increase.

Tangerine: I agree, and did do a gallbladder cleanse last year which seemed to help a bit with the stomach pains and got rid of my headaches (which were often and terrible) completely.

What other cleanses do you think might help?

Thank you to everyone. I really appreciate your input.