Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

what do you have for breakfast???

rawjazzrawjazz Raw Newbie

Hey everybody,

I have been experimenting, and I just am curious to ask everyone what do you have for breakfast? Just want to hear people's recipes. I know different things work for different people. So please, tell me about your morning meal!!

Janelle

Comments

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

I usually have a piece of fruit and I've been making poemom's pecan blondies without the pecans for after the fruit cause I'll just die on fruit only when I have three hours of class before lunch.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Usually it's green smoothie. Sometimes it's "cereal" : a mixture of whatever dry and fresh fruits I have on hand, with a toss of sunflower seeds, and sometimes pecans, sometimes buckwheaties, (you get the picture!) topped with nutmylk.

I'm not 100% so sometimes it's oat groats and/or wheatberries steamed with some sort of fruit sauce (fruit blended with coconut oil) or just plain coconut oil. It would work sprouted (and therefor raw - if you get sproutable oats and wheat) but I usually go for this when I want something warm, so I steam them. That may change, when I get a dehydrator. Maybe.

• Almost always a green smoothie of some variety. Once in a while Ani Phyo's Coconut Breakfast Cakes with walnuts and bananas. And maybe once a month or even more rare something non-raw and non-vegan.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Always a green smoothie.

The usual concoction is: frozen banana, kiwi, spinich, fruit juice and a pear. (Or maybe a few frozen berries thrown in too.)

I love green smoothies - and often bolt them down a little too quick!

• Every day I've been having a salad with romaine, tomato, avocado, raw black olives and my homemade fig dressing.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i usually juice something, have a big glass of that, wait a few hours til i get home from school, and then have a real breakfast-

cut-up fruit with shredded coconut, agave nectar, and cacao powder- i love my sweets!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I like protein in the morning, so I'll usually have a savory entree or a huge salad with avocado & maybe hemp seeds or sunflower seed "cheese" on top. If I have anything sweet, it's usually a nut-based shake or dessert.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Green Smoothie. banana, swiss chard, and fruit (pear or strawberries). If it's the weekend and I want a real treat, I have almond milk over berries and grawnola or chia seed cereal (chia goodness is the name of the packaged cereal i eat).

• I'll either have a green smoothie (orange juice, banana, berries, whatever greens I have on hand, and water) or I'll have a bowl of fruit like red grapes and blueberries with some ground flax and cinnamon sprinkled on top and a little bit of almond milk so I eat it like cereal.

• Green Smoothie! Always different and mixing up my greens. Today, coconut water, banana, pineapple, strawberry, celery, and cilantro.

• a bag of grapes.

2 pounds of bananas.

4 pounds of watermelon.

banana smoothie.

2 lbs cantaloupe

4 lbs honeydew

2 lbs strawberries

i go back and forth with all of those, but those are my staples when each one of them is in season

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

I've been going back and forth between 2 smoothie recipes from Braziers Thrive! book:

Chocolate anti-oxidant smoothie

1/4 cup of almonds

1 Tbsp ground flax seeds

1 Tbsp Hemp protein

1 Tbsp carob powder or cacao nibs (I go back and forth, but like to save my cacao nibs for raw ice cream since it's expensive)

1 cup cold water + 1/2 cup ice

1 frozen banana

1 Tsp Chlorella (not in the recipe)

handful of Goji berries (sometimes, not in the recipe)

Iron-rich body builders smoothie (because we want to pump you up!):

1 frozen banana

1 orange

1 Tbsp hemp oil

1 Tbsp flax seeds

1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds

1 cup cold water + 1/c cup ice

1/4 Tsp cloves (I skip these)

1 Tsp Chlorella (not in recipe)

Saturdays, I treat myself to Buckwheat porridge because it's so yummy! Sunday breakfasts vary, but lately it's been mostly porridge again.

• I love my Green Smoothies too! Lately been keeping it simple with ground flax, banana, any other fruit (usually berries), and dark leafy greens.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

I recently discovered that you can actually eat raw cranberries and that they are a wonderful source of antioxidants, even more than blueberries!

If you like the tart flavor of cranberries, this is for you.

half cup mangoes

one and a half cup of berries (I like blueberries)

half cup of cranberries

half banana

a generous bunch of spinach

filtered water or freshly squeezed orange juice, the necessary amount to cover the fruit.

Blend, enjoy your breakfast!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

A huge fruit smoothie of multiple colors... a citrus usually an orange, grapes, cranberries, aloe vera, goji, acai, lecithin, spirulina, chlorella, chia seed and a cup of water...

• pixxpixx Raw Master

rawlizard~ Yes! Cranberries are wonderful!! Try them tossed into a bowl of diced up apple, and pecans, covered in nutmylk. YUMMY!

• FeeFee Raw Master

My breakfast vary too, sometimes I have a mixed bowl of fruit, sometimes a fruit or fruit and green juice, sometimes a green smoothie and someitmes raw oat groat or buckwheat porridge. Or sometimes I might even have ice cream made with frozen bananas and fresh berries or fresh bananas and frozen berries, or sometimes a chocolate banana nutmilk shake.

I love the fact that I can have ice cream for breakfast and still be eating well!

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

green smoothie!- i mix it up with what i've got on hand but the all-time favorite is: 1 frozen banana, 1 apple, kale, 2 t vitamineral green and 1 t maca, water for consistency and im out the door!

• Green smoothie or occasionally nut mylk. My green smoothie is usually pretty simple, since I don't often have a diversity of fruit on hand. Lately its just been apples with mixed greens (collard, kale, cabbage, spinach, dandelion greens, etc), but I like to use bananas, oranges or even lemons when I can get 'em. It's good to mix either something with malic acid (such as apples) or citric acid (oranges, lemons) in with the greens because it doubles the absorption of iron. I try to wait to have something heavy, such as the nut mylk, until later in the day so it is easier to digest.

• I have fallen in major rawvegan love with green smoothies this past month. My favorite combination is one mango, 1 cup blueberries and 3 handfuls of spinach, but I do variations (sometimes use papaya, pineapple etc), usually try to stick t two fruits and the greens, and sometimes I do spinach and kale together. By trial and error, I have found that strawberries do not agree with me in green smoothies, and I used to add a plantain, but I've been trying to do the food combining method, so lately I will eat the plantain about a 1/2 hour before the smoothie.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I LOVE SMOOTHIES! I have one every morning for breakfast. I just recently got the book "Raw Food, Real World" in which there is a chocolate banana shake recipe smoothie which is to die for! Love the energy it has been giving me in the morning and I have been having it every morning for almost two weeks (except on saturday when I usually just pig out on whatever fruit that's in the fridge). I'm thinking about trying out a green smoothie though since everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about them.

Chocolate Banana Shake serves 2-4 or just me if I am really hungry (which I usually am LOL)

2 cups almond or brazil but mylk (sweetened)

3 cups frozen chopped bananas

1 tsp vanilla extract

a pinch of sea salt

3 tbs. raw agave nectar (or stevia to you taste if you out of agave)

2 heaping tbs. raw cacao powder

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

the rest of these ingredients I added to the recipe

1 tbs. ground up flaxseed

1 tbs. ground up chia seed

1 tbs. coconut oil or butter

I'm obviously missing out! Gonna make a green smoothie tomorrow morning. I'll write myself a note. Hope Kiwi and coriander will be good, because that's what I have.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I LOVE Waterbaby's combination. Very satisfying and last me from about 7 AM until lunch break at 1 PM. The night before, I mix the dry ingredients, then set aside the frozen fruits in the freezer. Makes for a less hurried morning, if I'm running a little late. Excellent recommendations, sis. ;-)

• ljrljr

green smoothie, almost every morning. if i wake up late and miss the smoothie, my whole day feels off!

lately i've been enjoying kale, spinach, dandelion, or collards (usually just one or two types of greens at a time) filled to brim of the blender, 2 pears and about 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries. this is soo good!

winter breakfasts.. sometimes i leave out the blueberries and just use greens and pears with a splash of lemon juice. i often take it to work with me and sip it slowly. pears are available now so they're a winter staple.

ohh and i usually have a tbsp of coconut butter too, eaten plain

• Fruit,

green smoothy

or protein shake made with 1 dessert spoon each of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, maca & sometimes cacao nibs or coconut all ground and blended with 1 banana & omega oil... yum keeps me going till lunch x

• I used to have a green smoothie or a fruit salad most mornings. But now I'm taking a break on sweet fruit for a few months.

So this month I eat either a simple salad with lemon juice dressing, or a cereal made of :

chia sees

aloe juice

diced cucumber

1/2 lemon

*sometimes a bit of mint

• is that really true about raw cranberries? I was recently given some from a friend, so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on eating them raw? esp. in smoothies?! I'm excited!

Ah wow. You were all right about green smoothies. I had one this morning. Kiwi, pear and cilantro! I felt so good. I guess I was thinking about raw soups, which I like, but I never made fruit smoothies before (I love my veggies). Wow! This is not going to be the first!

• This morning I surprised my partner with a fancy parfait in a wine glass for breakfast! It was layers of cashew cream, cut up strawberries, chocolate-banana pudding, and sprouted/dehydrated grains. He loved it!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Parsley, this sounds delicious, and very appealing to the eye as well. It might also be a good idea for the Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas thread . . . a nice dessert or late evening snack for someone special on that special day (which just happens to be my birthday). So many great ideas like this are posted in the forums and never make it to the recipe files. It seems a shame for them to not be accessible in a recipe search. Why not post it as a recipe, also.