Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Change Main Page Recipe Photos

rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Does everybody else only see the same, two photos on the main page? The carrot soup and the hot chocolate are the only 2 photos I have seen for weeks.

Is this just my computer? Can I change the settings to see a variety of photos instead of 2 over and over again?

I do miss the old gone raw version where there would be about 5 photos posted every few days, like the top 5 recipes of the week, not the rotating photos. I am more visually oriented and they always encouraged me to try new recipes without having to read thru all the recipes. And I wouldn't have to sit there and watch rotating photos to see what was next, they were just stationary photos so you could see them all at a glance. Maybe there is a way that I can change back to that, like preferences somewhere??? Thanks for your help...I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into revising the site!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I completely agree and hope we will see changes soon...

If we all clicked on the ( [ +] Feedback ) section and left this suggestion, maybe we could solve this problem sooner... smile

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

The photos on the main page are set by Kandace or Ray. When they set up the sequence before Christmas, the original heading was something about recipes "hand picked by Kandace." I figure with the baby due in a month or two, she's not had time to work on the site lately. There were a couple of posts recently where she indicated she'd be more active on the site after the baby comes.

If there is a "preferences" setting somewhere, I've not seen it. If someone else has, please let us know where.

You might try using the "Feedback" link in the bottom right corner to send a message about missing the old format with recipes and pictures. K or R (can't remember which) mentioned in the last few weeks "noting" that we miss the recipe pictures on the homepage.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Well, I'm not too concerned about aesthetics or photos of recipes. I think they did a great job updating the site.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Carnap, I agree wholeheartedly. I absolutely LOVE the new site. The stability of the new server alone was worth the inconvenience during the update. Of the new features, I think my favorite is the Advanced Search feature. Once you get the hang of it, you can zero in on just about anything that's in the site. Being able to Preview a post before Saving it runs a close second. No complaints from me, just a suggestion or two for future consideration.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Yes, I have been updating the home page images (and yes indeed we are expecting in a month). The goal is to update the home page with a new theme each month. However, we are still migrating all of the large recipes images over which is limiting my ability to add too many recipes to the home page! We are excited about the home page feature and do plan to keep it up.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Hey Kandace! Hope you're feeling great. I just realized we can only post one photo per recipe so I pasted my "before, during, after" photos into one jpg, which ended up being 1 MB. Oy! What is your recommended size, if any?