Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Soaking and sprouting help

Can anyone point me in the direction of "how to's" for this subject...websites or books.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi

I find this website to be very helpful

http://www.sproutpeople.com/

Happy sprouting!

• I need info too. Do you HAVE to sprout all nuts? What is the purpose of it. I like my crunchy nuts...after soaking they are not that crunchy, at least not my brazil nuts.

Another question...dried garbanzo beans-chick peas whatever you want to call them---are they raw? How can you know for sure?? It's not like they list the drying temp. used. It's so confusing.

Peace

Lo~

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

This site has a chart with soak times, and includes what the sprouted yield should be. For more indepth information on sprouting and detailed information on different seeds and nuts check here.

From Germin8 on another forum:

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I never soak unless a recipe specifically tells me to. I'm a rebel, what can I say.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Just a word to the wise. Sprouts are very powerful foods. Sometimes I eat too many and notice this. Unfortunately I have three examples :

Fennel sprouts made me severely constipated. Fennel regulates the GI, but if you consume too much you will be a little too regulated. I will NEVER eat them again.

Red Clover gave me sore breasts because they have phytoestrogens. I still eat them but not all the time like before.

Radish (I admittedly ate waaaay too many of these sprouts) gave me urine that stung me for some reason.

So... caution!

Mungs, lentils, alfalfa, these are all fine. But when you have one that is used for treating something, do be careful.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

It depends on the nut but I find I digest a lot better after soaking. You can dehydrate or dry them after if you wish.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

There is a group over on Yahoo, for sprouting. We talk some about other stuff too: gardening, raw, juicers, and other topics have come up lately.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/sproutpeople/

• I've been getting the combo sprouts from WF think its radish, fennel, alfalfa, clover and garlic?? I get broccoli sprouts separately--love them atop my avocado, tomato and cucumber salad.

• Thank you all! I joined the yahoo group and bookmarked SproutPeople. All helpful, wonderful info....thanks!