Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

An array of inflammatory symptoms (rheumatoid arthritis, diarrhea, sinus problems)

CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

I was chatting online with an old friend who said she had some health concerns. I thought it was just going to be chronic fatigue or some other thing so I started spouting my mouth about how I can help her get to the cause (over confidence!).

Then she told me she had rheumatoid arthritis, congestion/sinus problems, frequent diarrhea, her white blood cell count is down.

And I thought, oops, this is over my head. I'll pin it on GoneRaw.

Her doctor put her on a dairy free diet, but it did no good.

Could it be gluten? I know gluten can be inflammatory.

Comments

• Hi Carnap,

well I think the only thing I can say to that is that it would be the best for your friend to go raw. At least 50% and she will see a huge difference.

What she needs is life in her body, life that she will get through live foods.

Also, as I love to always recommend: green smoothies! Getting her hooked on that alone would change so much for her. :-)

Hope that helped.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

I totally agree some high amount of raw would help but if she is resistant then I would say go all allergen free

no gluten dairy soy corn eggs

Gluten can be a bugger

• Have a look at earthclinic.com

I could recommend Organic apple cider vinegar and vitamin C

Guava has 4 times more vit C than oranges, if you can get them

In any case, to find out why/what is the key, seems to be connected to digestion (sinus /bladdermeridian/diarrhea/stomach) and maybe alakline acidic balance in the body/

Do a search on the sinus/bladder meridfian and youll find interesting connections.

Acupuncture....

Has she recently been on any medication, like steroids?

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

I did already suggest gluten. She said she will already have a tough time with it. I told her I would help her meal plan.

I suggested MSM for the joint pain and the inflammation in the intestines. I will work up to the other allergens, thank you.

Interesting suggestion, corecries. I'll ask her to get some ph strips.

She is taking meds, but at the time I was too reserved to ask her what. I will now. Her doctor said it wasn't related, of course.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

With something that complex she should see a naturopathic doctor who has some knowledge of nutrition. Sometimes the symptoms of dairy, gluten, etc can take up to 6 weeks to clear up. So if she tried it for awhile, she may need to be more patient. From someone who's been through hell and back with a lot of these issues, it helps to have a professional guide you. You can still find your own way, but it's nice to have support.

• I too have Rheumatoid arthritis and sinus problems. Green tea extract will help. I take the extract from 'Healthspan'. It is high dose. I don't like the bitter taste of green tea. There was research done where they put R.A. cells?? in two petri dishes and treated one dish with green tea extract and the other, not. Then they put leukatrines ( the thingys responsible for inflammation) into both dishes of cells and the one with green tea extract never got inflamed. The other one did. Also, go to iherb.com and get some 'Cetylpure'. It is a mixture of fatty acids and is wonderful. The first time I used it I gave up caffeine, nightshade family foods, chocolate, wheat. I was pain and swelling free in two months. I have gone back to eating normal foods and now I have moderate pain and inflammation. As I go more into raw, and learn about nutrition and grains other than wheat, I hope to get a lot better. The first time, I didn't know about nutrition and I got weak. Now after a lot of studying, I feel more hopeful.