Help! Quick fix for tummy troubles?

Hi everyone.. I had a real craving for greens this afternoon so i decided to go out for lunch. I got a nice little plain salad from the health food store down the road, and a 2oz shot of wheatgrass. Now im back at my desk with the worst stomachache ever! My face is flushed, im headachy, and im afraid if i move ill throw up! My instinct is to drink water and flush whatever out – but the more i drink the worse i feel. Does anyone have any quick fixes that might get me through the afternoon? (I have some homeopathics at my desk – i tried carbo veg and nux vomica – both of which usually work pretty well for me, but not this time!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi- I’m so sorry for you! Since you’re at work it’s probably hard for you to get anything but maybe a friend would get something for you. Like ginger in some warm water or ginger tea. Fenugreek is supposed to be good for stomach conditions either as a spice or sprouted. The other thing would be to drink some aloe or cucumber\juice. Maybe the healthfood store would deliver something if you tell them what happened. It sounds like food poisoning.

• Hi Odessa7, when raw for me anyway I have noticed that I am super sensitive to many things. I have read several times that wheatgrass should be taken on an empty stomach and that nothing should be eaten for 20 mins to 1/2 hr after taking it. Another common reaction to wheatgrass is severe nausea, for me anyway and I have heard others mention it. I hope you feel better. Try just breathing through it and it should pass… wish I could offer better advice :) Feel better :) Dea

• Thanks for the advice guys. I found some dried ginger in my cube (left over from a dehydrator experiment last week <g>) i soaked it in some warm water and drank that. It seems to have helped a little. I cant wait to get home!

Its so strange – ive eaten there many times before, and ive never had a problem. I had the wheatgrass as soon as i walked in, then did the rest of my shopping etc.. so it was probably 45 minutes before i ate anything. Usually i juice my own before i head out the door to work – but i was running late this morning. <sigh> that’ll teach me! lol…

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

I’ve had the same reaction with wheatgrass before (most of the time it’s perfectly fine, but a few times I have had a terrible reaction to it). This sounds almost exactly like what happened to me last time I had a problem. Glad you found some ginger, and I hope you are feeling better soon!