Nut milk...is it too much fat?

Does anyone know how many calories are in nut milk. I love brazil nut milk and drank it every day when I did the Jubb's nutritional fast, but I was doing some research and read that it is very high in calories. Are most of the calories in the pulp that is discarded when making the milk or does it stay in the liquid? Any input would be great! Thank you:)

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Pulp is fiber. If you want the milk try almond or sunflower, lower in fat.

• PamPam

I would reduce the nuts by half. I use only 1/2 c nuts per 4 cups of water. I got the idea from a recipe called Economy Nut Milk which uses only 1/3 c almonds per 4 coups of water. However, I do think some of the calories and fat are retained in the fiber but I can't prove it!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

On calorieking.com, I believe Brazil nuts are listed as having 186 calories per ounce. It's not much higher than almonds, which have about 164 calories per ounce. Macadamias are the most caloric of all nuts (205 calories per ounce). The pulp is mostly fat, so after straining the mylk, it should be fairly low in fat. The only thing you might want to consider is the extremely high selenium content of Brazil nuts. Too much selenium could lead to a case of toxicity. One Brazil nut already covers the DV in selenium.

Blessings,

Andrew

• Thank you all so for your advice:) I really appreciate it...