Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Supplements (Maca, Spirulina, Hemp Powder)

I've just started drinking green smoothies, and I love them! I want to make them even healthier by putting in powders and stuff =)...BUT: I am quite confused! Should I buy all three (the ones I mentioned in the header), or is one enough...?

It would be great if someone could tell me what to do & maybe if you all share what you are taking!

Comments

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

maca and spirulina - definetly get. but get hawaiian spirulina,. it taste the best. i never really like hemp powder, but i've gotta have the other two. now i dont like maca in my green smoothies but spirulina i do. i prefer maca in cacao smoothies or carob smoothies, and i also use maca in alot of my sweet dishes, desert, breakfast stuff.

hope this helps

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

oh yea i prefer to use hemp seeds over hemp powder

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I saw a youtube with Sergie Boutinko (not sure of the spelling) where he said you should never put anything but fruits and greens in a green smoothie, because the body will not be able to get everything it should out of the fruits and greens, if you do.

Having said that, sometimes I do put hemp seeds, or brazil nuts, or a vanilla bean in mine, but usually it is just fruits and greens.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

We used to do hemp pdr but have also found the seeds to be best I personally would say try one at a time so you can feel the effects but for us Spirulina is a daily and Maca is a weekly but they are both essential IMO. Spirulina is good in OJ b/c it gets really absorbed

There are my thoughts

• Sergei is Victoria's son, right? I wonder what research led him to that conclusion? The body is a lot more efficient than we give it credit for!

Maybe get Acai as a supplement to put in green smoothies? Acai powder is the powder form of the Acai fruit, so technically that would go along with the 'just fruit and greens' thing. It is also very rich in nutrients and antioxidants. You can get frozen packets of acai puree that come in single serving sizes specifically made for smoothies at whole foods, too.

I would consider Spirulina a green...so I would think that would go along with the 'fruit and greens only' thing too. The hemp seed is the only thing that questionably might hinder absorption, though I am inclined to doubt that the body is that fragile and that inable to sort things out. After all, many of us made it this far on the SAD diet with not too many complications...I mean we're still breathing, right? lol

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Anyone know a good place to get some pure MSM powder in Europe, probably the UK?