Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

knees pain & teeth cavity problems

Hello there! First of all sorry for my English...I'm not a English speaking person :)

I've been eating raw food for almost two years. But I've noticed teeth cavity recently. I also have troubles with my knees since I was 12. By the way I'm 22 now. My knees are cracking and I'm feeling strong pain sometimes. But both of my problems even worsen!!!

I'm doing detox/hydro colon therapy regularly. I'm eating lots of vegetable and drinking at least 24 oz of carrot or other juice a day. I grew up on a milk products, heavy stews and sauces (aw I hate to write about - can't imagine to start eating it again), breads and all of those bad foods. So my problems might be still the rest of my bad eating habits. I've read that bone cells renovate after about 25-30 years...

I'm still highly effected by everyday stress.This is maybe another factor causing my troubles :(

I would appreciate any suggestions or link... What to eat more and/or avoid. Anything what could help..

Thank you so much. Best wishes to all of you :))

Comments

• I forgot to let you know...To fight the cavity I'm using a natural tea tree oil toothpaste made by desert essence and mouthwash of the same brand + natural anti plaque dental floss made by Tom's. I also rinse my mouth with propolis tincture mixed with some water. It was suggested to me by pharmaceutic store. Should I be using a different products?

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Sounds like you have osteoarthritis in your knees, but obviously you would have to go see a doctor and do a mri to know for sure.

Did you play any sports that would be hard on the knees or do you do a lot of running??

Also are your knees tender and do they swell up??

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Foxy~ If you are open to an option that might support your efforts, feel free to email me... Please include what country you are in. :)

• rawcanadian: Thank you for the respond. I went to see a doctor and a healer too afterwords. But doctor told me I'm healthy and the reason why my knee crack is because when I was too young I grew up too fast and suddenly stopped growing. At first grade I was 3rd highest in my class and in the 4th class I stopped growing I was the second smallest out of 24 kids. It sounds weird a little bit to me anyway.... Healer told me it's because I'm stressed out and that effects all of my joints. I skipped running to avoid my knee congestion. I'm rollerblading instead.

Maybe I should go to another doctor just to make sure. Cause sometimes my spine is cracking and my shoulders as well...

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

For teeth and cavities. Try the Search.

Carrots are high in sugar. Just like fruit juice. Rinse well after drinking these juices. A good idea is to drink a small amount of green drink after drinking the high sugar juices. Especially fruit juice. Green will make your mouth alkaline, instead of acid. Other reasons for cavities is dates and other dried fruit. Brush well after eating these foods. Another problem is water. If you drink distilled with no minerals added to it. Problems. If out of the tap, still more problems. I have a distiller and add the minerals, even though we have a well. The minerals will also make the water alkaline.

It is best not to use any tooth past. I use Dr. Bronner's liquid Tea Tree Pure Castile soap.

You did not say what percentage of raw you eat and do you still eat meat? Do you eat a lot of kale, collards, brocc., and seaweed?

Good idea to get a second opinion.

• beany beegan: Thanks for all the information! I'll definitely try your suggestions.

I'm 100% raw or maybe 99.9% (example if I cannot buy raw olives I buy non raw one - but it's not very often let's say like 2 times a year) So I don't eat meat at all. But you are right I'm not eating enough of kale, collards, brocc., and seaweed. I eat a lot of spinach beat leaves, leave lettuce. It looks like I should add some of those greens you mentioned.

Thank you very much again!

• I too suffer from joint pain. A lot of it definitely stems from issues in my back and neck (spinal allignment). I recommend seeing a chiropractor if that is an option for you.

I have recently read about foods to avoid for arthritis pain: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KWZ/is_5_4/ai_111734421

It says that elimination of Nightshade plants -tomatoes, any kind of peppers (including both bell peppers and hot), and eggplants- has proved to aid in pain symptoms for arthritis and osteoarthritis.

I would love to know if anyone else has experienced any differences with consuming or eliminating the nightshade family.

• rawsaysrita: Thanks for the interesting link. I'll try to eliminate! The only vegetables I'm eating regularly are tomatoes and bell pepper. Not too much tomatoes because I don't really like them these days.. I'm wondering if the body is directing me by itself to eat right. Because I don't like bell peppers as well lately. Amazing.

I'll try to eliminate nightshades an I'll let you know how does it work for me.

(So you can appreciate why, if someone gives them up for a couple of weeks and sees no improvement, that he could easily be convinced to abandon the diet and indulge in his favorites again, never to discover the culprit.")

I think it works just for someone. But I'll try it :) 70 % effectiveness is very high so why not to try it...

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

R.A. Concerning arthritis and foods. You may like to read, "How to Eat Away Arthritis" by Lauri M. Aesoph, N.D..

She explains how to self test for foods that should be eliminated or cut back on for RA.

I myself can not eat wheat and some newer wheat relatives, vinegar, nightshades, corn, oranges. Since going raw I can eat tomatoes or red peppers about once every 3 or 4 days. Potatoes are completely out. Vinegar only in very small quantity like in mustard and eaten occupationally. Corn is about once every 3 weeks. Oranges once a week.

Last week, I read that with nightshades, most of the problem is in the skin.

• beany beegan: Thank you so much for the tip! I think I'll buy the book tomorrow.

By the way I raised the intake of greens and I'm already feeling much better. Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!! I've been reading about raw food a lot lately and figured out I was eating raw but not right!!! Thanks to all of you I renovate my interest about raw food. Because I've been confused lately about raw food and I was thinking about adding something else to my diet (which I didn't want to - I don't like the taste of "normal" food at all) So I couldn't even imagine to add at least a little bit of something non raw to my diet. But I was feeling like I'm missing something...less energy, interest etc..) You all help me to support my interest! I don't have any raw food eating friends so it is very hard sometimes to keep it up - NO SUPPORT AT ALL! They probably think I'm a weirdo ;))

Thank you all for the info!!!

One more thing...I made a mistake... I didn't mean cavity I meant PARADONTITIS along with TARTAR..that's what I suffer from.