Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Head Aches

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Since last night I started having head aches, they have been going on through the whole day non stop, feels someone is pressing hard on my head or something, I've been 100% raw(if you dont count teas that is) for 5 and a half months now, didn't have any detox symptoms for about 2-3 months so I really doubt it that, and I didn't change anything in my diet other then maybe eating less fresh sweet fruits due to that fact that I don't like citrus fruit or apples that much and its basically the only thing we have here organic this time of the year, anyone has any ideas what can be causing this?

Comments

• ras-saadon, I read a lot of really good headache remedies on www.earthclinic.com Its a great site, my favorite involves cayenne pepper. Snort a tiny bit, and my headaches were gone in 30 seconds. It burnes a little, but it is worth it if you can handle it.

• whenever I get headaches I am usually dehydrated. Try drinking more water.

I hope you feel better soon.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

stress, lack of sleep, eye strain, something in your food or drink that shouldn't be there. High blood pressure, and I have read that detox can go on for years. I can attest to that fact, but it would be to embarrassing.

• It's hard to say what the cause is of your headaches without knowing your full medical history and what you do day to day, especially since you say it's not detox, so I can't really help you there other than to state the obvious, which is that it could be stress, allergies, or you could be coming down with a cold, which means the pressure in your head is changing.

But I do know of a cool little remedy; basically, when I was studying Cultural Anthropolgy in college, we were doing a unit about medical anthropology, where we learned folk remedies from around the world that actually have medical backing to them. One was in Thailand, apparently people used to have a saying: "When you have a headache, wash the dishes."

Apparently, in this part of Thailand, people would wash the dishes with hot water and lemons, since lemons were a natural cleaning agent. The hot water would draw the blood from the head, which would give you the same releif as a blood thinner such as aspirin, and the lemons would aide in that, as well as work as an antiinflammatory agent, I think.

I've tried this remedy with my husband, and it's worked every time. I just tell him to rub half a lemon around his hands and put his hands under running hot water.

That's all I know! Good luck!

• Someone mentioned high blood pressure- I would definately have your blood pressure taken just to rule out something more serious.

I get headaches when the weather changes- especially a day or two before a storm. (I've heard the explaination that it has to do with barometric pressure, but I haven't a clue if that is why or not).

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I feel stupid by how simple it was,, guess it was dehydration, some water and 30min later I was ok, and in retro spec I did hardly drink the day of the headaches and the day before.. the wonders of what water can do:). thanks for all of the info, and that story about Thailand was great, and as a future student of archeology and ancient history of the near east, you gave me a very interesting idea of another subject to look through :). thanks again!

• Hi, new to this post, but glad I dropped in. I suffer from Cluster Headaches. Been getting them on and off for 20 years (I got pistol whiped during a robbery at work). I will definatly try out some of these remedies. Thanks..