Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Waring Pro blender...?

pixxpixx Raw Master

Who has one? What do you think of it?

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I'm thinking about one, partly for price, but partly because it has a glass carafe. Would love to hear from folks who have one!

• penfoldpenfold Raw Newbie

pixx, I've started looking into these, too. I could be wrong, but I think the only one comparable to the Vitamix and Blendtec is the 3 hp one - which comes with a polycarbonate or a stainless steel carafe. The glass ones only come with the lighter duty models. I don't think you're going to be paying any less for one of these. There are a few models, some with basic high/low toggle switches, some with electronic controls and presets. The most basic one seems to be selling generally for about $400, although I have seen it as low as $330. --And it weighs 15 lbs and some places sell it with a noise warning, if that matters to you. I've got a thing for stainless steel, which is why I'm interested, but I'd like to hear from people who actually use one. Online reviews seem to be non-existent.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Hmmm, thanks for the info. Between that, and what Amygdala said (here: http://goneraw.com/forum/ive-found-blender ), I've been tipped toward the Breville ikon Hemisphere. Like Amygdala, glass pitcher & a smooth smoothie is what's important to me.

:~)

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have the Waring Pro 3 hp. Have had it for almost 2 years. I have the plastic jar but I see there is also the stainless one. I paid $100 less than Vita-Mix. It just has hi-low and pulse speed control. It is a little heavy but I am 66 and still move it around easily. Plus the Pro stays put. I don't know how noisy the Vita-Mix is but I feel this one is noisy. I cover my ears when it is on, but I have good hearing and want to keep it that way, so I probably would do the same with any other high power blender. Personally, I feel next time I will get the extra high power Vita-Mix, just for the different speed settings.

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Hi pixx,

Just wanted to add it's kinda cool that the vita-mix can be used to warm blended soups. Not even sure if the one youre considering can or not. I dont do it too often but did it today with a new butternut recipe and it made it very convenient. I know there are other ways to deal and the glass seems like a very important issue to you but I wanted to throw in my 2 centavos. I wouldnt trade my vita-mix. :) ever.

• Hey pixx...I am borrowing my friend's Breville ikon blender...still in the box and she said I could use it indefinitely so I ws all thrilled...made a few green smoothies in it---does pretty nice job I think.

Obviously I want my own blender eventually--sooner than later...I have been going back and forth with my decision of which one, VitaMix, BlendTec or what??!! I just posted a thread about the Health Master blender new from Montel Williams if ya can believe that!! Anyway its 2hp 1100 watts dual blade and supposedly does all the stuff like VitaMix i.e. heating soups, blanding ice cream yada yada. It's only $150 so that seems pretty good PLUS it has 60 day money back guarantee so I more willing to TRY something with a guarantee. I need to research more...need amperage amount and what the warranty is etc....downsider---it has a polyc carafe, I prefer glass. Win some lose some ??? like the old guy at work says some days your the bug some days your the windshield LOL

Have a great week!!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I did a search for health master, but all I found was Jack LaLane...is that the same one?

I actually ended up going with the Breville. if you end up getting (or trying out) a vitamix (or Ktech) I would love to know if you (or anyone else!) sees a significant difference from the Breville.

Your friend has loaned you one fine machine!! I've just posted more on this here (post #6):

http://goneraw.com/forum/ive-found-blender

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Wow...you're quick, Bluedolfin!! Do you live here?? lol ;)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

pixx~ Well... as a matter of fact... lol... Actually I just looked up the blender myself... thought I would pay-it-forward. ;0)

• Haaaa ha ha you girls are great...love the camaraderie on raw site. Hey does anyone shop TheRaw FoodWorld

Matt has big savings going on for this week only [I think]

To access these offers, click the link below, or type - fvsa - in the search field at the top right hand corner to get some at cost items and at end of your shopping spree enter VISA in the coupon box to get 17% off total on everything!! Pretty good deal...I'm going to get more new items to try yeeehaw!!

tell what you gals think about the Health Master blender...does it seem like a good deal??