Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw and Glaucoma...help...please....

My mum has had glaucoma for 35 years and it has recently spiralled out of control, she is now allergic to all the drops that control eye pressure and has had as many operations as possible to keep her pressures down, she has recently had cataracts operated on and is having to use drops that make her feel awful and blur what vision she has left...I havve been trying to suggest that maybe a change in diet to a higher raw content as it might help her body to control her eye pressure, but she seems completely immovable and expects to go blind... (genetic predisposition etc etc - it does seem to run in the family...)

Does anyone out there know of anyone who has helped their glaucoma through a raw diet...she will never believe me, but I'm hoping that hearing it from other people will help to convince her to give it a try... she currently has a very large percentage of meat in her diet and she thinks it is good because it is organic.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Thanks aviatrix79...

your suggesttions are pretty much exactly what I have been trying to get her to do...She refused to even try a sip of our green smoothies when we were staying there and it turns out she doesn't like spinach....how that is possible I don't know!!

She does eat a fair amount of fish...on top of all the meat, and I think you are right, She THINKS she's old and is definately stuck in her ways. I will ask if she would consider using bilberry tablets.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped and I hate to admit it but mum may be one of them...

Thank you so much for your suggestions though. They are very much appreciated.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I'm sorry to hear that, I have no idea how you&your mom are feeling about this subject but Marijuana is very useful in treating Glaucoma, if you say nothing else worked for her, there might be a chance she could get medical marijuana, I know its a very controversial subject but just so you'd know, if she is suffering for so many years, what it does it expand the blood vessels(also the reason for the red eyes effect) and relaxes the body, hence reducing the pressure on the eyes by a significant amount, I really do hope she gets better.

• We have suggested this for several years, but, to put you in the picture...Mum traveled across Europe to Iran during the 60's...the total hippy trail, but she never even tried weed...She says she traveled with guys who sprinkled hash on their porridge for breakfast...she is a very stubborn lady who sticks to her principles!

Things have recently got so bad that she has started talking about seeing if she can get some through the doctor...maybe finally she is willing to give it a go.

I'm not going to hold my breath. But again, thanks for the advice.

I do think the thing that could possibly convince her is being able to get her in touch with someone who has helped their Glaucoma through alternative means...If you know of anyone who would be willing to write and/or maybe chat to her on the phone it would be hugely appreciated...(of course it wouldn't be on their phone bill!)

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Well I don't know anyone personally but you can go on:

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=10&page=1

and ask around, its a forum dedicated to medical cannabis, maybe you could find someone there who will tell you their story.

• Thanks I'll have a look

• Hi Squidgy,

I'm new here and only found the forum because I was searching for Glaucoma+MSM drops.

I'm an omnivore and generally eat for my blood type.

Try and get your mom to use MSM drops, available in lots of places on the net - I'm pretty

sure they are reducing my IOP's.

Pharma drops make me so ill I've been studying nutrition and alternative strategies for just about

as long as I've been diagnosed 12 year or so.

Also look at www.fiteyes.com for some very interesting research into self tonometry and the findings of

those of us who practise it.

I also practise meditation [serene impulse] and while this lowered my IOP's I think the MSM might be the icing on the cake!

Best wishes,

Joyce

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I don't know much about medicinal marijuana, and how to get it, if it comes in other forms, etc. but. does anyone know if you can get thc pills? I have seen them for recreational use. If they are available, I wonder if they wouldn't carry the stigma for her like smoking it does.

• Your best defense is to have regular checkups, because eye disease do not always have symptoms. Early detection and treatment could prevent vision loss. See an eye care professional right away if you have a sudden change in vision or everything looks dim or if you see flashes of light. Other symptoms that need quick attention are pain, double vision, fluid coming from the eye and inflammation.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

daniefon yes you can get THC pills and various other types of medicinal marijuana pills such as CBD pills(another element of marijuana which has medicinal properties). I know of a few who have glaucoma who say medicinal marijuana really helps lower the pressure behind the eye.

Coleus forskohlii is a good herb for lowering eye pressure.