tooth enamel

Does anyone know how to rebuild tooth enamel?

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

I'd like to know too. Im gonna get some of the oral care products from ascended health when i get the means. so if no one else posts: http://www.ascendedhealth.com/

check it out.

• Erosion of tooth enamel is caused primarily by acids in the mouth and on the teeth. Sugar, which is acidic in its own right, provides food for bacteria in your mouth. When the bacteria metabolize sugar, they excrete more acids as a waste product. The citric acid found in citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, grapefruits, etc. can also dissolve tooth enamel. As a preventive measure, one should always rinse the mouth thoroughly after consuming anything acidic or containing sugar.

This issue has been addressed in a book published by research chemist Dr. Jerald F. Judd, PhD., titled "Good Teeth Birth to Death. He was thoughtful enough to put the copyright in the public domain, so I can quote his advice verbatim directly from the book:

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX Book Extract XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

All Vitamins and Minerals are for a 165lb Person Daily. Adjust According to Weight

1. Take 1,000mg calcium with Vitamin D. Supplement with milk, cheese, nuts, eggs.

2. Take 1/6 tsp of monosodium phosphate in 1" H2O. Supplement with root crops.

3. Rinse sugar and soda pop off teeth as soon as possible (tart acids destroy enamel rapidly).

4. Avoid all fluoride products. Avoid current toothpastes. They contain acids, sugar, fluoride, chalk, silica, methyl

benzoate, red and blue dyes, soap, mixing agents, and glycerol.

5. Take 4,000mg vitamin C. Add 1 tsp C and and 1/2 tsp baking soda to 1 inch water, let fizz, dilute.

6. Take the RDA of all vitamins and minerals.

7. Brush teeth with bar soap only, digging out all trapped food with a sharpened toothpick.

8. Be careful crunching hard material such as corn kernels and ice. Teeth will break.

9. Take antibiotics (3 days), Vitamin C and peroxide (1/5 tsp 35% in 1 cup water) for infection.

10. Think about the problem and consult on an individual basis. Your history and need is unique!

11. Study and avoid the unsolved contributors which may harm tooth enamel, such as fluoride.

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX End of Extract XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

I believe this book was last edited in 1997. My belief is that nowadays the best source of calcium and phosphate is a compound named hydroxyapatite. In addition to the Vitamin D mentioned by Dr. Judd, Vitamin K and magnesium are

critically important in proper utilization of calcium within the body. Vitamin K and magnesium are what cause calcium to be used for teeth and bone matrix, instead of lining your arteries and calcifying your joints. A product I recommend is called Bone Booster Complex which can be purchased here:

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Bone-Booster-Complex-240-Capsules#IngredientFacts

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

sorry I don't have a direct tooth enamel repair suggestion. But if you drink a lot of green juices with lemon make sure that immediately afterward you rinse your mouth well with purified water (to dilute the residual juice) and then brush your teeth. This will Prevent more wear (at least from that source).

My dental hygienist gave me that advice as she stated that lemon juice is extremely wearing on tooth enamel.

Most raw foodists seem to use a lot of lemon juice and it's easy to forget that it is very acidic when first ingested.

Using a good toothbrush with a soft-bristle brush-head (like Sonicare) and not pressing hard into the gum-line is also helpful

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i stopped adding lemon to my green juice because all the sudden i have several more cavities. scary!