Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What to eat before an intense workout?

Hello! I've been working out rather intense lately and seem to be running out of steam or getting a headache during the workout. Does anyone have a pre-workout menu to share that will give me strength and endurance?

Comments

• fruit, fruit and more fruit! I'm not fruitarian, but i save the raw fats for post working out. Dates and bananas work really well before the workout and both are very portable. i'm not a huge fan on the green smoothies prior to working our as it is too much liquid--sloshes, then have to stop and pee, etc.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I would do green juice, but everyone is different - just see how you feel!! Nothing too filling.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I use blue/green algae (E3Live) and chia seeds (about 2 tbs). These are full of protein and give me endurance during strenuous workouts.

• I would recommend fresh sweet juicy fruit before and a fresh green smoothie like kale/pineapple/banana or kale/pear/raspberry afterwards. Also, fresh juice during your workout such as grape/apple/strawberry is an energy boost and very hydrating. You sound also like you might be dehydrated, which is why you have a headache and fatigue easily.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

FrUit!!!! a big banana smoothie with like 4-5 bananas, strawberries bluberries whatever you have...the best thing for me.

• RAWBLADERAWBLADE Raw Newbie

Ok! Most of teh fruite are complex carbs and digest slowly. befrore workout you need simple carbs so you can use all the benefits from it. My recomendation is Raw honey mixed with bee polen(raw) 250 gr bee polen into 1 kg honey. Bee polen is full of protein amino acids,vitamins and B12 as well and many many good things. If you dont like the idea of taking bee polen( some people dont) then research simple carbs and take them 30 min before work out and dont forget to drink water!

Keep me posted please!

Good Luck!

• Fruit!!! I really like to refuel with green smoothies (with protein) after a workout. But beforehand, I just like doing it on an empty stomach or eating with bananas and dates (often during a workout), or just a grapefruit or orange before hand.