Energy from RAW

Hey guys. I'm sort of new to RAW, and I'm transitioning more and more into this lifestyle. I've got to say: I LOVE IT! So what's with all this energy that I'm getting? Today I had some Kale soup (that was soo disgusting and hard to go through) and when I ate a portion of it, I put it away to take some time, uh, WITHOUT it. Well, several minutes later I was extremely energetic and happy (and at work, mind you). I felt as if I could go running or dancing all day if I could. But of course i couldn't so instead I just ate more of that disgusting soup until it was all gone and I felt wonderful!

So the question is--where is this energy coming from? I feel happy. And I notice that I don't feel this way when I eat fruit. It's either when I have veggie juice or in this case, kale soup. Is it this way for anyone else? Energy from veggies, not fruit? Or maybe I have it all wrong, because there WAS some fruit in the soup (2 oranges, 1/2 an apple).

I've got to add that this definitely helps me stay balanced in the raw food lifestyle. I love how I FEEL after I eat!

I'd LOVE your imput or your stories on how you feel ENERGETIC!

Thanks!

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I get the happy/energetic feeling after greens. Cool, huh?

:~)

• Does this happen with fruit at all? I love fruit-- but I don't feel nearly as good when I eat it!

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

our cells live off of glucose, a type of sugar found in fruit, not anything else raw, although our body can manufacture it from other sources. it was probably the minerals which were giving you the buzz.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

zinfandel~

I'm not sure you are aware of some of the latest "theory" on molecular sugar production (glycoselation). I'm aware that fructose is found in high quantities in fruit... not sure about glucose... The info I'm aware of says that the other molecular sugars are made from glucose. However, it is a very involved process that requires lots of enzymes, steps, and energy and the process can be disturbed at any point which produces incomplete/defective sugars.