Don Imus--Organic diet for 10 years

I see that 68 year old Don Imus has stage 2 prostrate cancer. He was looking for someone to blame because he said he has ate a mostly vegetarian organic diet for the past 10 years. He blamed news people outside his house.

Dairy is not good for you. Chemicals in meat substitutes are not good for you. Artificial sweeteners are not good for you. Alcohol is not good for you. Most of the snacks sold at health food stores are not good for you. I think he was partaking in a lot of these things, and he is very acidic. It is easy to see from his verbalized thought processes that he has been sick for a while. That is what I think. Anyway, he gives people an excuse to eat unhealthy.

Comments

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

People who wants to eat unhealthy will always have enough excuses, because non of em is the true reason for their actions, just as this story doesn't effect me at all, making me think whether I should stop eating organic raw vegan food, food is only one aspect of health, stress is a major health issue, air pollution, harmful radiation, being physicaly active ect` ect`.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Good point, ras-saadon! I have seen so much denial surrounding food. People will justify their diet like crazy. It would be less effort to simply eat healthy, than to try and rationalize the crap they put in their bodies. I love this saying I saw at the blog crazysexycancer - "Eat like you give a damn".

Filling their body with chemicals, acidic dairy/meat, hormones, antibiotics - it shows they truly don't care about their health. It's strange how an affluent society created such a low standard of living for their BODIES.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Certainly stress is a major factor, but is he saying he ate like cr@p until he was 58, when he went "mostly" vegetarian?

It is highly treatable. I wish him well.