Raw Nuts at Trader Joes

Does anyone know if the raw nuts (almonds in particular) sold at Trader Joes are REALLY raw?

I also picked up some "raw" pistachio nutmeats (halves and pieces) from there & now I am thinking these

are probably not really raw either. What think?

Marcy

Comments

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Hi

I know the organic raw VALENCIA almonds are raw (they sprout) they are about 6-7 bucks a pack which is almost a pound also on the back near the barcode they say imported from spain and they have a distinct almondy cherry flavor that is soooo awesome. All of the others are not in my experience but give em the sprout test and then you will know.

Good Luck

• I buy the Trader Joe's raw sunflower seeds and they sprout just fine. But I don't eat many nuts (my daughter is allergic), so I don't know about the nuts.

• I have no idea if their actually raw but i hope so.

I have raw brazil nuts & raw pecan's in my fridge from trader joes right now.

I HAVE read something about "raw" almonds in california aren't really raw because there was some law passed that is against selling raw almonds. Don't ask me why i dunno.

because of this i tend to not really eat almonds anymore and if i need to make something that calls for raw almonds i just substitute it with a different nut.

• i sent them an email and they said all of their nuts/seeds were truly raw besides the almonds, but for some reason i dont really trust them 100%.