Microbes, Root Canals, & Oil Pulling Question

germin8germin8 Raw Master

I recently learned about root canals being a safe haven for microbes... and possibly being a cause of re-occurring cancer or other diseases.

I learned all this just after I had my first root canal. *grumble*

However, according to oil pulling.com, the oil (that was held in your mouth) can be put under a microscope and one can find microbes in early stage of development. So, wouldn't this help in the case above... to remove those microbes? I'm trying to figure out if this would be effective rather than having to pull the root-canal-ed tooth out.

If so, would oil pulling be just as effective if the tooth had a veneer or crown? Could the "pull" through porcelain (or whatever the veneer or crown is made from)?

I haven't found enough information on this.

Comments

• I'd like to hear more about oil pulling too, from those who have tried it. It sounds a bit odd, but I'm willing to give it a try if it really gets rid of bad microbes.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

www.oilpulling.com

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling2.html

I read about the root canals when I followed up one of the threads in here. I asked one of my friends who had had breast cancer if she had a rootcanal on one of her molar teeth (stomach meridian). She said no. Then I told her that there was research where in a group of women who had had breast cancer 97% had had a rootcanal on molar teeth in the breast cancer meridian. She then said yes. She has a lot of root canals on her molar teeth from when she was a child.

If you have the tooth removed, you're not suppose to use an ordinary dentist.

I use oregano oil (Solaray brand) daily (one in the morning and one at night with meals). That is super anti-microbial, anti yeast, anti fungal, and anti-parasitic. It's a dewormer. And you can take it for years and years. I started in December. I didn't get the terrible bug that has been going around. (Plus I pull unrefined sesame oil.)

I believe the oregano oil may successful in getting at unhealthy microbes.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh, I used to use oregano oil a few years back (in the winter time).

I've already been to oilpulling.com but it didn't answer my question, specificallly. Thank you for the EarthClinic link, I will post my question there!

I just don't understand how oil (oregano, used as you suggested, or sesame for pulling) could help get the microbes out. If it does, I'm happy... I will just have to oil pull more often.

How do we know which tooth is tied to which diseases? Is there a "map"... reference? :o)

Still, I don't have an answer...

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

Google root canal breast cancer meridian and you'll get information saying that it is the stomach meridian. Then you google using stomach meridian, one of the websites will mention that it is left upper molar or lower molars.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks, internettourist. I was wondering more about all the teeth, not just that one for breast cancer. But, I'll google for that too... I just thought you had a website you could recommend.

• I have been oil pulling off and on for a little over a year and a half or more now.

I use sesame oil.

Anyway, I recently came across this book at my local health food store.

I have not purchased it yet, but I am very intrigued by it and cannot wait to

purchase and read it.

Anywho -- I thought some of you might find it intriguing as well.

"Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing"

by Bruce Fife

The following is the product information from amazon...

Product Description -

If you have bad breath, bleeding gums, cavities, or tooth pain--you need this book! If you suffer from asthma, diabetes, arthritis, migraine headaches, or any chronic illness, and have not found relief, this book could have the solution you need. All disease starts in the mouth! As incredible as it may seem, most of the chronic and infectious illnesses that trouble our society today are influenced by the health of our mouths. Our mouths are a reflection of the health inside our bodies. If you have poor dental health, you are bound to have other health problems. Despite regular brushing and flossing, 98 percent of the population has some degree of gum disease or tooth decay. Most people aren't even aware they have existing dental problems. Recent research has demonstrated a direct link beetween oral health and chronic illness. Simply improving the health of your teeth and gums can cure many chronic problems. More brushing, flossing, and mouthwash won't solve the problem. What will work is Oil Pulling Therapy. Oil pulling is an age-old method of oral cleansing originating from Ayurvedic medicine. It is one of the most powerful, most effective methods of detoxification and healing in natural medicine. Dr. Fife's Oil Pulling Therapy is a revolutionary new treatment combining the wisdom of Ayurvedic medicine with modern science. The science behind oil pulling is fully documented with references to medical studies and case histories. Although incredibly powerful, Oil Pulling Therapy is completely safe and simple enough for even a child.