Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Master Cleanse question

2»

Comments

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

hehe.. another wise word of advice. Pat. Don't wipe. Your bum will be much happier for it. :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I wish Maple Syrup wasnt' so expensive!

I'm about to start my cleanse tomorrow and I'm worried I won't have enough Maple Syrup and won't have enough money to keep using an entire bottle each day!

would black strap molasses work? IT's got a lot of minerals........

• I know I am responding a day late to your question. But I really do not think it would be a good idea to sub maple syrup for black strap molasses. Maybe you could holed off on starting the MC  until you could purchase the maple syrup. Or just purchase a small bottle of maple syrup until your next pay.

I already got the maple syrup so that's not the issue. I guess just realizing that in order to do a ten day...or two week MC I'd have to spend a TON on maple syrup..

Either way, last night I realized that I had bought the grad A maple syrup and when I went to the store they didn't even HAVE grade B. So I'm ordering it online and will start my cleanse when I get it.

Oh well, I'm still excited. haha

• TJAB- Whole Foods at Metcalf and 91st St in Overland Park sells their home brand, "365," at a quart of organic Grade B maple syrup for $18.99. That is what I use. Still expensive (compared to crap artificial syrup), of course, but quite a bit less expensive than other brands of organic (or not) rela maple syrup. And they have lots of Grade B. I know you are out in Raytown area so probably don't come to OP much. I go out to Oak grove, Mo. at least once or twice or more a week to check my horses. If you'd like I could pick some up for you and bring it to you somewhere. Could see your Community Garden that way. :) Just an idea, as it'd be no prob for me since I go that way anyway.

I would not use anythign else, either. I know other people have, but supposedly the cleanse doesn't work as well. I think Glickman's site has some posts about that, too. I am on my second MC. On day 6. Feeling awesome today!! The first time was awesome all the way thorugh. This time it was tougher for me (kept wanting to eat) the first 3-4 days. Did 10 days the first time. Probably just 10-11 this time, too. Anyway, I used only 2 quart bottles of syrup the first time and I drank about 9 glasses a day typically, sometimes 11-12. And I did it while on duty, too, with no problems. Luckily didn;t run many calls int he morning! lol. Good luck to you! Give me a holler on my email addy (listed on my profile) if I can help you out. :)

Thanks Aspire! I'll email you.....

Aspire-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! It was really really awesome meeting you and talking with you. Super cool that we're in the same city...even if it's across town.

I'm starting the cleanse on Monday(not sure why I always set days like that but it's a must) and I'm so excited! I can't wait to get cleaned out. I haven't ever done this since I've been raw and my main problem before going raw was being stopped up all the time. So this should be good to get it out of me.

• random MC question-

I'm on the third day of my cleanse- I"m hoping to do two weeks this time. I have had a couple instances where I took over-the-counter drugs, and am worried that I have ruined my detox. The first day of my cleanse I had a massive allergy attack (it would NOT go away) and took a bunch of claritin, which actually had no effect on my allergies it just made me tired. Then this morning I had a terrible headache and took two Aleve- only because I have to go to work today and discuss things directly with people for four hours...

So I guess the question is, is it worth it to keep going even if I have screwed it up by taking drugs?

Thanks!

Keep going. You may want to go longer though if you're wanting to get rid of the drugs. seriously, the headache was probably a detox headache. Day 3 of any fast or detox is always the worst for me. I get bad headaches and sickness.

• Hey- another random MC question:

I am on day 6 of my cleanse and have been having really bad headaches every day. I am taking birth control pills and was thinking maybe that was the problem. I don't have a caffeine addiction and there is no other reason I can think of to have such bad headaches. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Well it's probably a general detox. Whenever I'm going through a detox stage I get headaches. Your cells are individually releasing toxins all through out your body. Keep going and it'll get great! I always feel so amazing after detoxing.

• Thanks Troubles- I think I must be really toxic and detoxing hard on this MC because this is my 10th day and I've had headaches every single day of the cleanse. I've been doing everything right too, except for taking some pain killers and allergy meds at the beginning. I haven't been eating too badly but it must be from all the years that I took allergy medications, pain killers, etc. I'm stopping today because I really want to eat kale (I don't feel too bad about having cravings for kale during this detox- that's probably more of a good sign than a bad one). Do you (or anyone) usually do the recommended two days of orange juice after the cleanse? I was thinking of only doing one day so that on Saturday I can have fruit and kale salad to celebrate the 4th. Can't wait :)

• lilburger,

About your headaches and wondering if it is related to the birth control pill...I had this problem all the time when I was younger with the pill. I tried low doses, different brands, but the hormone manipulation just did not agree with my body. Do you have low blood pressure? My doctor thought that the pill and my naturally low blood pressure did not mix well.

Hang in and I hope you feel better soon.

• Does anyone know if you can use organic molasses in place of the Grade B syrup? In stanely's book, he says you can use organic sugar cane, so why can't you use molasses?

• Hey guys - I'm on day 2 here and did my first salt water flush and I feel like I am gonna barf, I burped bile taste and it's been an hour and no bm. Is this normal? I didn't do it day 1 because I had to work shortly after I got up and I didn't know how I'd react. I also haven't bought laxative tea yet. So I have just downed the salt water. How long till it takes effect and is it normal to feel *ugh* from it?

• Never mind....it worked. Bit harsh!