Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Please tell me your sucess stories on getting rid of eczema with raw food/cream recommendations want

sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

My 3 year old daughter has really awful eczema on her face, and her eyelids are always red, her whole body is usually unbearably itchy. After visiting the allergist, she only tested positive for dust mites. I try to keep her room clean, and her bedding changed weekly.

I've been trying to coax her to drink smoothies. No such luck lately. :-( She didn't test positive for food allergies. She was prescribed desowen for her face, and some other cream for her body. I was told to give her zyrtec, and benedryl at bedtime. I REALLY don't want to keep putting these meds into her little body.

I'm so anxious, and frustrated.

Also, any food recommendations for boosting the immune system, or helping the skin would be MUCH appreciated. Any suggestions for topical remedies would be wonderful too.

I"m making my grocery list, and I want to make sure I get some goodies for her skin.

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

just because she doesn't test positive for food allergies doesn't mean it isn't affecting her reaction. you could try a diet of bananas and avocados for a day or two and see if there is improvements. then add things in.

it has to be one of the following that is causing it:

gluten

diary

all grains in general

pesticides

preservatives

other chemicals

also possibly

salt

spices

The skin is a symptom of the problem, it is not the main problem.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I second Zinfandel's suggestion of getting rid of dairy and grains. Also I read that night shade plants are culprits related to some skin ailments. Night shade plants include white potatoes (sweet potatoes are not night shades), tomatoes and peppers.

Greens and other things (strawberries, apples, peaches, celery) are known for having higher content of pesticide than other plants. You should buy these things from an organic store to avoid pesticides.

Maybe you could e-mail Alisa Cohen. I don't know whether she would respond, but maybe she could share some of the information she has learned on her journies.

Since babies don't have the weight or immunity that we big old things have, I wouldn't suggest any supplements for her at this time. If you are still having inflammatory issues with her, I would read about oil of oregano.

Let us know how she is doing. God bless your family.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

Looking at your page, I see that you have recipes with a lot of night shades as well as nuts in your recipes. Nuts can cause problems for people as well. When I started raw, I was breaking out badly on my face for more than a year. When I eliminated nuts, most of the breakouts went away. When I further eliminated night shades and started taking oregano oil, the rest of the breaking out subsided. Although raw foods are superior foods, there are definitely some that can do a number on you.

It sounds like your baby feels absolutely terrible. I hope she gets better.

• penfoldpenfold Raw Newbie

I get eczema when I'm stressed, or if the weather's really hot for a long time. The only thing that has ever worked for me was this cream: http://www.aromacrystal.com/index.php?page_id=26

It's got all kinds of essential oils in, so it wouldn't be good for on the face - not near the eyes, anyway, but looking at the ingredients might give you some ideas. It's a really nice cream to have around anyway.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Hi

I have been where u are my daughter Oriana 2 is very prone to eczema we actually resolved without any drugs we did what Zin suggested and cut out all allergens

eggs

gluten grains

yeast

dairy

nuts

Corn

cane sugar

soy

(we dont do meat so that was already out)

chocolate

After a week or two she showed huge improvments and then we reintroduced things one at a time to see what was causing it our daughter is allergic to peanuts,corn,dairy,eggs and we only do gluten free for her and no lotions or potions just straight raw coconut oil it works wonders on her skin. We also use a homeopathic remedy kit for allergies it has a remedy for hives or all over itchiness that works good for her. You cant trust allergy tests I got them as a kid and it said I was allergic to grass and my whole sickly childhood was b/c of a dairy allergy not grass. I also have a friend who is allergic to gluten and got tested as a kid negative result and went years on drugs with migraines and once she did the elimination diet herself low and behold the culprit was gluten. I know how hard it is with a little one to change their food etc so if you want you can email me at familygoingraw@gmail.com and I can give you a list of foods my toddlers love that are allergen free. Also can you specify what her daily diet consists of? I hope this helps you b/c I know how frustrating it was when we were in the figuring it out process. Also the drugs and creams they have given you can sometimes contain egg or animal products or other irritants that can keep the problem going instead of solving it so watch closely her reactions.

Have a good day and keep up the good work!

Kristina

• Saraw, I know how your little one feels. when I was 6 I had eczema so bad on my hands and feet I had to get around on my elbows and knees or my dad carried me, I had some crazy creams/ ointments, and nightly wrapping of my hands and feet it was unbearable!! I wish my parents knew about raw living foods back then. I have successfully kept my eczema under control if not cured by following a 100% living food diet. And mostly hygienic.

I'm not sure of your daughters eating habits but I would start with cutting out all the foods listed by vegan2raw also by letting her go to the market with you and wander the produce section. See if her body tells her what it needs. This really does work especially with small children who haven't had years of damaging their body

• Dream Wash by Lush completely got rid of my chicken skin! Also, I think skin brushing would really help too. You could try the Clarisonic face brush!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I got rid of mild eczema by removing gluten from my diet